Thread: USB on my Port Replicator 250510W is not working

USB on my Port Replicator 250510W is not working

I am using the Lenovo ThinkPad T500 laptop and for this laptop i have bought a new IBM (250510W) Port Replicator. Now the problem is that my notebook is not at all recognizing them and my USB fan shows that the docking station USB ports have power.

Re: USB on my Port Replicator 250510W is not working

As you have to connect this Port Replicator to an USb port of your laptop then then i guess there would be something wrong with an usb driver on your computer system. Actually you can check about the usb drivers on your system quickly by attaching any other device to the same port and check that is it working or not. If its working then there is nothing wrong with an usb drivers.

It might happen that the port to which you are connecting your Port Replicator 250510W is itself not working. I have seen this kind of problems many times on my laptop as i was using my portable camera and then attached it to my laptop but it was not getting recognized at all then i found that there was a problem with the usb port and not with the drivers. Actually an engineer told me that there was a loose connection of an usb port from an inside which takes about half n hour to make it working. If you know how to open your laptop then you may try checking it.

Computer will not be recognizing an optional Mutlimedia Port Replicator, if a PC Card has been installed in the computer system or in the Multimedia Port Replicator. This kind of problem persist because of conflict between the hardware resource as the PC Card and an actual device connected to the Mutlimedia Port Replicator.

If your operating system is Windows XP and your computer returns to normal operation after being attached to a ThinkPad Mini Dock while it is operating or in standby mode, the warning message, ″HI-SPEED USB Device Plugged into non-HI-SPEED USB Hub,″ may appear. It is displayed because of the USB 2.0 driver problem on Windows XP.

I suggest you to connect first an ac adapter before you connect ThinkPad Port Replicator to your laptop. Make sure that an ac adapter which you are connecting is made for your thinkpad. If an ac adapter would not be supportive then there would be no difference in the functioning of your Port Replicator.

If your laptop is working then make sure that any device connected to an USB port, a serial connector, or a parallel connector has been finished with its operations. And even connection to a modem or an Ethernet port has ended. And i would like to tell you that put your ThinkPad Mini Dock in the unlocked (vertical) position.