Thread: Help about wireless card of Lenovo ThinkPad T400

Help about wireless card of Lenovo ThinkPad T400

I have bought a new Lenovo ThinkPad T400 and i have a problem regarding the wireless connections on this laptop. Actually when i am connected to the wireless internet then it drops me randomly and It gets okay after rebooting the system. But now this problem is getting bigger and bigger as my net connection does not stay connected more then 1/2 hour. So what is the problem here?

Re: Help about wireless card of Lenovo ThinkPad T400

I think you need to do some settings on your laptop system which might solve your problem of accessing an internet connection. Go to the start menu and open Control panel. Here you have to go to the System and open the Device manager and right click on the wireless card and select property. Here you have to check that is maximum power output selected or not. Switch off all the power saving offer and select roaming aggressiveness to low.

There could be some problem with the hardware itself. Actually if your wireless card has been damaged then it is but obvious that your laptop is going to disturb while providing an internet connection. You have to give a check to all the hardware of your Lenovo ThinkPad T400.

As you have bought a new Lenovo ThinkPad T400 laptop then i guess you must be having its warranty card with you so i suggest you to directly contact with the dealer from where you have bought this computer system. If there would be anything wrong regarding the wireless card then Lenovo will replace the wireless card on your laptop but make sure that your laptop have never opened before if you want to use a warranty of your laptop.

There could be some kind of virus on your system which might be interfering with the router's functionality. I would like to suggest you to do a full scan of your operating system and remove all the viruses out of it. Randomly dropping internet can be caused by viral activities on your system but there might be something wrong with the router as well.