Thread: ThinkPad T410 Touchpad stopped working

ThinkPad T410 Touchpad stopped working

My touch pad on my laptop no longer works. I have a laptop ThinkPad T410 which I had bought a year before. Since today my touch pad is unresponsive. So I plugged a mouse that also works very well. How am I going to do re-work on that normally. I had tried to clear up dust and check the touchpad settings but nothing really work here. What can be done to fix this.

Re: ThinkPad T410 Touchpad stopped working

There is a way to fix which if you are lucky will work. Go to control panel and then look for mouse setting. Open it and then click on Tab button and you can just choose between mouse with USB port, mouse or touchpad. Check here that the touchpad appears and then check settings with Fn and F7 at the same. It puts you in the bottom of the screen check that touchpad is on. You can re-install the same via Device Manager.

I have a problem with the left button of my key pad it works more. I tried to press Fn + F7 + F9 but nothing happens here. Looks in control panels where there touchpad configuration utility. I had played lot of things in that but nothing help here. I think my touchpad is gone completely and I will need a hardware replacement for that. You will need to contact service center.

Try by disabling the right click functions of your touchpad. You can do that by clicking on the icon of the touchpad configuration utility located in the system tray. Then click on pointing device and go to properties. Now click on adjustment of the device and then again on properties. Hit enter and then check out weather your touchpad is activated or not.

Right click on My computer and open up properties. In that go to hardware and click on device manager. See in device manager that you have any exclamation mark on the touchpad. You can right click on that and click on update drivers. This is the easy way to reinstall the drivers. If still that does not work then you will need a hardware replacement of that.

I have a laptop packard bell s4900 easynote and from 2 / 3 days my touchpad (Synaptics) no longer works. It appears in the Device Manager but as a hidden hardware. The problem in that is described as This device is not present, not working correctly or all the drivers are not installed . The code for the same was Code 24. I had right clicked on that and updated the drivers. The touchpad started responding.

I tried uninstalling the driver and reinstall it but without success. I am using Windows XP SP1. For that first go to Control Panel and then click on mouse. You can get a error message saying that Unable to connect to the driver of the pointing device of Synopsis. Uninstall this hardware completely first. Keep your Windows update on and then lets Windows detect the hardware after a reboot.