Thread: I need SSD recommendation for Thinkpad T400 SSD

I need SSD recommendation for Thinkpad T400 SSD

I am planing to buy a SSD for Lenovo Thinkpad T400. I bought this laptop some 6 months before and now the hard drive space is quiet limited. I want to add up some space by putting up a SSD drive. For this laptop which is the most recommended one right now in the market. There are various and the price of the same also differs. So in that what you prefer to use. I worry about the compatibility issue.

Re: I need SSD recommendation for Thinkpad T400 SSD

Solid State Drives are slowly becoming a real alternative for many users. Today SSD drives are mostly compatible with T400 like Intel X25-M, G. Skill Falcon, V Series Kingston, OCZ, etc. You can choose out anyone among this as per the specification details. If you consider the price factor appears that the best relationship is found in the unity of Kingston which is the cheapest of them all.

OCZ is bit weak in copying out high quantity of data at one. I had recently heard about the 256 GB SSD drives which were really nice in all points. I had purchased a one and the first action gave a transfer rate of 2 GB per second. Your system also does slows down at the time of transfer. The SSD drive is really nice you can read out some test online for that.

The solid state drives are still producing outstanding results in the performance side, but the cost is scaring many potential buyers, who also have doubts about what the best option. You can go online and search for top ssd drives and then choose for the best one. I am using Kingston drive and it is quiet nice.

If you want to compare the drives then you can compare on the basis of memory controller used, which is one of the key components for performance and efficiency of the units. JMicron & SandForce and the two alternatives which are best in today time and then give you really awesome performance for your data backup and security. I prefere Kingston for a low budget choice.

Have you seen Kingston SSDNow V + which is a new model of SSD drives that doubles the performance of the speed of read / write with respect to the older models. This new Kingston SSD has a new memory controller and a NAND renovated to allow maximum rates of transfer at 220 MB / sec. This makes this disk fastest as compare to the other drives in the market. Likewise the new drives Kingston SSDNow V + hit the market in capacity 64GB, 128GB and 256GB available.

If we talk about the best performance or price then the OCZ 120GB Vertex series is simply the best choice. If you go for 64GB then you have a choice for intel also. Patriot is also good. A SSD is same as the flash memory. The only thing that varies is the holding company that manages the memory. In the case of pen drives there are USB controllers while in case of SSD there are SATA controllers.