Thread: Lenovo T61P Randomly Going to sleep

Lenovo T61P Randomly Going to sleep

Please help I am facing a weird problem with my Lenovo T61P laptop. I have a Lenovo T61P laptop with Windows XP installed on it. The problem which I am facing is that my T61P is going to sleep while working on it. I am not able to figure out what is causing such problem and hence need your help in solving the issue. Is this some hardware failure issue or some software related issue? Any suggestions regarding the topic are more than welcome.

Re: Lenovo T61P Randomly Going to sleep

According to me the problem is with the operating system installed on the laptop. If the files of the operating system are missing on the computer, the laptop will not work properly. Insert the installation disk of the operating system on the computer and boot the system from the disk. Let the installer load and give the options for installation. Select the repair installation option or install a fresh copy of Windows on the system. Let the procedure complete. Once the procedure is complete, check the performance of the laptop.

As the laptop is acting up weirdly, I will suggest that you get a full system scanned for any virus infections. If any of the file of the system is infected with any virus, certain features will not work properly. Visit mcaffee.com and perform a full system scan online. Repair or quarantine the files which are infected and then check the performance of the computer. Do not delete any file which is infected, it may lead to system failure

Have you checked the power management settings of the computer? Windows operating system has some power management settings which when changed can create problems which are similar to the ones which you are facing. To check the power management settings of Windows, click on Start menu and the open the control panel. Click on power management settings and check all the settings. Change any settings if required and save it. After changing the power management settings, check the performance of the computer.

Are you using the laptop on the AC power or on th battery? Some laptops switch over to power saving mode if they are used on the battery power for a long time. Hence if you are using the laptop on the battery power for a long time, connect the laptop to the AC adapter and see if the laptop is put to the sleep mode again.

It is possible that laptop is getting overheated due and hence it is getting into sleep mode. If the temperature of the CPU and GPU of the computer increases above the threshold, the laptop goes into idle mode to lower the temperature. Therefore check if the cooling fan of the laptop is working properly or not as the temperature of the laptop is increasing beyond the threshold.

Thanks for replying to the post. The problem with the laptop was that it was getting overheated and hence was going to sleep mode. The cooling fan was covered with dust and hence blocking all the airflow. I cleaned the cooling fan and now the laptop is working properly.