Thread: Lenovo Thinkpad T510 Fingerprint sensor problems

Lenovo Thinkpad T510 Fingerprint sensor problems

I am having the problem with the Lenovo Thinkpad T510 which is having the problem with Fingerprint sensor. Whenever i tried accessing the same i am getting below given error.
    • E7210005 Cannot enroll user
    • E7210005 Cannot update passport
    • E7210005 Cannot find fingerprint sensor device

If any knows the solution of it then please let me know about it. Hope this will help me.

Re: Lenovo Thinkpad T510 Fingerprint sensor problems

This seems to have the issue of the BIOS which is creating the issue with the fingerprints. If you wanted to sort out the issue then you should have to update the BIOS. The BIOS update will work with Fingerprint Sensor. So if you can then update the BIOS and work with the issue. I hope this will help you.

Quote Originally Posted by Goatape View Post
    This seems to have the issue of the BIOS which is creating the issue with the fingerprints. If you wanted to sort out the issue then you should have to update the BIOS. The BIOS update will work with Fingerprint Sensor. So if you can then update the BIOS and work with the issue. I hope this will help you.
    I have already did the BIOS update but this is also not working for me. So if possible then provide me the proper solution of it.

OK, Do one thing just get into the Device manager and check whether the device is working properly or not. Also if you can then install the PCTools and then check the hardware status with the same which will detect the possible error for the problem you are getting. And let me know whether it is working for you or not.

I have get into the Device manager and checked the device status of mine Fingerprint sensor but it is showing that "The Device is Working Properly". I also have installed the PCTools and run the same into the system. After some time it is detecting all the device working properly. I am unable to fix it and little irritated.

In that case it seems that there might be some issue with the hardware and can be fixed with the help of the Lenovo only. I will advise you to contact the Lenovo regarding your issue and explain the same to the same. They will send the technician who will sort the issue of yours. I hope this will help you.

yes even i think so that i should have to contact the Lenovo support and it is the best idea regarding my problem. I am expecting that i will get the proper solution for there. I will find the solution and if any thing is working for me then i will update this post. Anyways thanks for all the help given by you regarding my issue.