Thread: Lenovo T510 Wireless Connection Problem

Lenovo T510 Wireless Connection Problem

I am facing some problems with Lenovo T510 laptop which I have bought recently. The laptop is installed with Windows 7 on it. The problem which I am facing is that I am not able to detect any wireless network on the computer. Sometimes the laptop finds the wireless network and shows that it is connected but I cannot access internet on the laptop. Currently I am using Linksys wireless router for accessing Internet.

Re: Lenovo T510 Wireless Connection Problem

By looking at the description of the problem, it seems that the DHCP on the router is not able to assign the IP address to the laptop and hence the Internet connection is not available on the laptop. You can try and restart the DHCP on the router and see if it helps. To restart the DHCP on the router, login to the router and disable the DHCP. After a while login again and start the DHCP on the router again.

Most of the laptops face the problem with the residual charge storage on it. Residual charge gets stored near the motherboard of the laptop. If the residual charge reaches threshold level then some functions of the laptop will not work properly. Therefore I will suggest that you clear the residual charge on the laptop. Remove the battery and press the power button for about 30 seconds. Replace the battery and then check if the wireless network can be detected or not.

Appropriate drivers when not installed on the computer can create such problems. Drivers act as a translators between the operating system and the device. Hence if the proper drivers are not installed on the computer, the device will not work properly. Open the device manager and check for the drivers which are installed on the computer. If there is any caution signs against the device, follow the troubleshooting procedure and check if the network connectivity improves. You can also try and update the drivers for the wireless card and see if it works.

The only solution which I see for you is to reinstall the operating system. Sometimes while installation of operating system, all the files are not copied on the computer. If such a situation rises then some features of the Windows will not work and hence reinstalling the operating system is the only solution. Insert the installation disk for Windows and select the repair option of Windows installation. Let the procedure complete. After repair procedure, see if the wireless connection is working.

Check if the Button on the right hand side of the Thinkpad is turned on for Wireless connectivity. This button is responsible for controlling all the wireless and radio stuff. If the Wireless connectivity is disabled, you will not be able to connect to the router. Also sometimes the Thinkpad connection tool also conflicts with the Windows wireless manager which creates such problem.

Thanks a lot for helping out. Residual charge stored on the laptop was creating problems in detecting the wireless network on the laptop. I followed the instruction and cleared the residual charge on the computer. After clearing the residual charge, wireless network on the laptop is working properly.