Thread: Lenovo ThinkPad T400 scrolling problems

Lenovo ThinkPad T400 scrolling problems

I am having an Lenovo ThinkPad T400 which is having some problem with the mouse of it. Whenever i am typing at that the page scroll to the bottom of the page and i am unable to find the reason behind this. I have gone through all the step for making this thing happen but let me tell you that this is not working. Only reboot of the system make is better but later on it behave in same way as it was. So please find some solution for it. Thank You.

Re: Lenovo ThinkPad T400 scrolling problems

I think there might be chances that the sticky key of your device is On which is always taking the scroll to the bottom of the page and you are unable to work with it. Just press the shift for 5 times and then remove the sticky keys. So try this out and see whether this is working for your problem or not. I hope this will work.

Quote Originally Posted by Gonzo View Post
    I think there might be chances that the sticky key of your device is On which is always taking the scroll to the bottom of the page and you are unable to work with it. Just press the shift for 5 times and then remove the sticky keys. So try this out and see whether this is working for your problem or not. I hope this will work.
    I have tried the same but let me tell you that this is not working for me. The sticky key is not the problem of mine. It seems to be some other problem.

I think that there might be possibility that Touchpad is not behaving properly. There might be possibility that the touchpad is touched by your thumb or finger that is why the page scroll down to the bottom of the page. So if you disable the Touch pad then might be this will not affect the typing of your. Thanks

Hey thanks a lot for all the replies that you have given me regarding the issue i have asked about. But let me tell you i don't know how but device started working automatically. Still for the future use i am taking it to the Apple Store so that if there is any issue then they will resolved the same. Anyways the help given by you is appreciable.

I am having the same problem when i type the mouse pointer always point to one end only and does not do anything. When i click on My Computer it open some thing else. Finally i have seen that the problem is with the circuit of mine laptop which is shorting so i have taken my device to the repairing shop and they fixed the problem.

If all the replies are not working for you then i think it is better to ask the Lenovo help center about your problem and they will you with the proper solution regarding your issue. It might be possible that they have gone through this before so if you contact then there might be possibility that you can get the solution.

Quote Originally Posted by Bon-Z View Post
    I think that there might be possibility that Touchpad is not behaving properly. There might be possibility that the touchpad is touched by your thumb or finger that is why the page scroll down to the bottom of the page. So if you disable the Touch pad then might be this will not affect the typing of your. Thanks
    You are right, the problem is because of the Touchpad. I have disabled it by pressing the Fn+F8 and the issue related to the same got resolved.