Thread: Unstable SD Card Reader on Lenovo ThinkPad T500

Unstable SD Card Reader on Lenovo ThinkPad T500

I have bought a new Lenovo ThinkPad T500 on which SD Card Slot has been provided. This is the first time i have tried this using this port and by some reason it is not working. This issue happens when i open my SD card on windows and the files which i have added just now are showing as corrupted files. But this cards are working without any problem under other systems.

Re: Unstable SD Card Reader on Lenovo ThinkPad T500

This kind of problem could happen because of the wrong usb drivers installed on your windows operating system. I suggest you to go to an official website of Lenovo where you can have all the latest versions of the drivers, So download from there and install it on your system and then check that is your sd card reader can read cards or not.

It might happen that the memory card which you are inserting in your memory card reader would have got corrupted. I suggest you to again use this memory card on some other computer system where you said that it was working. Actually i think it can happen anytime that your memory card gets corrupted and it happens because of some third party application which would be there on your memory card.

I have one simple solution for you by which you can make your memory card working without any problem on your system. As you said that the memory card which you are inserting in your laptop was working on another system then do one thing that insert this card on that system and take the backup of all the data. Then format the memory card and then again put that all data in that memory card and try to use it on your system and check that is it working or not.
    In The Absence Of Light
    Darkness Prevail's

Instead of changing an operating system on your laptop i would be recommending you to change the driver of your windows operating system.
    Actually this is a driver problem for sure and you just need to reinstall the driver on your system. First of all install the latest drivers on your windows os and suppose if it is not working then try installing the just older one then that which you have installed just now.