Thread: Lenovo ThinkPad T400 not powering up

Lenovo ThinkPad T400 not powering up

I have bought this Lenovo ThinkPad T400 before few months and there was no problem using it. Last night i putted this laptop in sleep mode and in the morning when i tried to wake i up then i saw that it was shut down. Since then it is not starting at all, I do not know what could be the problem here.

Re: Lenovo ThinkPad T400 not powering up

It might happen that there would have some problem with an electricity of power in the night and because of which power IC of your laptop have gone. As your laptop would not be having the power IC which is very much needed to power up your laptop. You need to replace an IC with the new which would clear this problem.

There could be something wrong with the adapter of your Lenovo laptop. Generally an adapter does not have any problem but there could be the possibility as your laptop is not getting started at all.
    Do one thing unplug all the wires of your laptop and then again connect them and see that your laptop is getting On or not.

Actually it is much difficult to say that what could be the problem due to which your laptop is not turning on. There are many problem because of which this behavior of laptop have seen. As you have bought this laptop just before some time then i guess you should directly contact with the dealer from where you have bought this laptop and make sure that you use the warranty of your laptop for solving any problem regarding your laptop's hardware.

I would like to ask you that is there any kind of error beeps given by your laptop when you try to turn it on. Or some kind of specific behavior by the lights on your laptop. These all things indicates the problem with your hardware or anything wrong which leads into not powering laptop. You must tell us something more about your laptop or is it just blank no matter from where you do or what you do.
    In The Absence Of Light
    Darkness Prevail's

I think there would not be any big problem in your Lenovo ThinkPad T400 because of which it is not starting up. I am suggesting you the simple solution which has solved many laptop's problem but i am not sure that it is going to happen with you as well but you may try it. Remove the battery of your laptop and try to start it by using an only adapter.
    Then you mat try doing it by inserting the battery also.

Some problem on the laptop are much annoying but they can be solved in a simple way. I suggest you to remove the battery of your laptop and then try to turn it on with only an adapter and then see that the same problem is there or not then you may try it by inserting the battery as well. It might happen that there would be some kind of refreshing needed by your laptop.