Thread: No sound on Lenovo Thinkpad T400

No sound on Lenovo Thinkpad T400

I have a Lenovo Thinkpad T400 laptop. I had got some speakers in second hand for my laptop as the because there was very low sound on the speakers. So I got a new speakers. At state my sound was working fine but recently my brother install some application in the system. He removed them and I faced suddenly some quick blue screens. Those were some audio mixing software pirated. I am now not getting sound in my laptop.

Re: No sound on Lenovo Thinkpad T400

Before handling, always check the connection and the power of your speakers. We suggest that you check with another pair of speakers. Typically, your computer comes with a CD-ROM containing installation drivers for your sound card. Some motherboard chipset include an audio chip, and it is not necessary to install an additional sound card.

Your motherboard has a chipset with an audio chip and you want to install an expansion card for better quality on a PCI slot. You will then proceed to disable the sound chip in the BIOS. Search the online name Onboard Sound or Onboard Audio or something like that, and put the setting to OFF. Just run a driver update utility and then check back again weather it is working or not.

Many resources are installed for the management of multimedia. This is particularly the Legacy Audio Drivers and the Audio Codecs or specific drivers for your sound card. For that you just need to go to Device Manager and at audio controllers. Check for each of the lines that the drivers are installed. In the properties, the presence of the line This device is working perfectly states that there is no issue with the same.

Windows device manager is the essential tool to search for equipment failures. Check that your card is recognized in Device Manager. It does not have an exclamation mark on yellow background. In the case of an audio expansion card, it may be necessary to change the PCI slot. Verify that the audio extension card is plugged into its PCI slot and then check back again.

If you have sound issue on your sound card then it is also possible that you have no sound at all. These phenomena may have their source both in hardware and software. A reinstalling of the driver system can fix the same. Sound chip is integrated on the motherboard and that works on drivers. Check for your specific motherboard model number and then search for drivers.

It is possible that the device improperly installed or faulty or there is a conflict or lack of IRQs. Some after a system failure some critical system file is no updated and that stops your sound. A conflict between the BIOS chip audio of CM and the sound card expansion is better. A malware attack that damaged system resources related to audio. A faulty connector is also the cause.