Thread: Lenovo ThinkPad T410i LCD screen

Lenovo ThinkPad T410i LCD screen

I have recently bought a new Lenovo Thinkpad 410i but i think there is something wrong with the LCD screen of this laptop. I do not know whether it comes like this only or is there something really wrong. Actually this screen is showing kind of checker board where white color comes and images are damn pixelated. What could be the problem here?

Re: Lenovo ThinkPad T410i LCD screen

Even i am using the same Lenovo ThinkPad T410i and i do not have any problem regarding the LCD screen of my laptop. It is just working fine but still i would try to make some changes and will see that if i can get the screen as you have described about your laptop's screen. May be there could be some resolution setting which you need to do on your laptop.

This seems to be the problem related to the driver of your an operating system which you have installed on your laptop. Most probably there would be something wrong with the video drivers on your operating system because of which you are not getting the proper resolution on your Lenovo laptop. I suggest you to install the proper drivers on your laptop and then check that problem goes off or not.

There could be something wrong with the monitor itself as i have seen this kind of problems on my Television and have solved it by changing some IC provided in it. But as you have bought this laptop recently then i suggest you to directly contact with the dealer from where you have bought this laptop and register the complain about LCD screen of your screen. You must use the warranty given along with this laptop to deal with the lcd problem on this laptop.

I do not think that there would be anything wrong with the new piece of Lenovo Thinkpad as they distribute all their laptops to the dealer only after checking them properly. It might happen that the screen on your laptop have came under some pressure due to which the screen may get damage but this does not seems to be like damage.
    So you need to try for some setting on your laptop. Mostly it would be a resolution setting related to this problem.
    "Me fail English!? That unpossible!"

There could be the windows operating system's driver problem but i guess even if you install the latest drivers then also it might not get solved. According to me you should do all it again from the start. First of all uninstall an operating system of your thinkpad then reinstall it with the latest drivers and i have noticed it many time that latest drivers does not works properly so you may try to use just older one then that of latest driver.

I would suggest you to reinstall all the drivers on your computer system and then check that is it works for you or not. Actually there would be something wrong with the display driver so make sure that the display driver is installed properly or this problem will not get solved properly. I would recommend you to go for the automated CD of your operating system.