Thread: How can i change Nokia N70 security lock code

How can i change Nokia N70 security lock code

Hey guys i need some urgent help from you all. Am having a Nokia N70 mobile phone, its working fine. Yesterday, i locked my mobile in order to prevent its misuse form the small kids at my home. I used this feature on my mobile after a long time. The bad thing happened is now i forgot the code. I have tried entering many codes for many time and phone used to be locked for 15 minutes after every 5 trials.

Could you guys please let me know how can i change nokia n70 security lock code ? Please help me soon as am unable to use my phone. Thanks in advance.

Re: How can i change Nokia N70 security lock code

Most simple way to reset security codes for your nokia mobile is restoring it to factory settings. But as you wont do it from the phone’s settings, here is another way to do the same. First switch off your mobile phone and press following bottons at the same time:
    * , OK (green) Key , 3 , and On off button.
    Yes, am right. You need to switch on the phone holding the above said buttons. After doing this when your mobile gets on, it would be in a reset situation. Now your security code should be reset to the default, that is 12345.

The very first solution is to call your network operator via some other mobile and ask them for the same. I hope they can provide the device’s code as well along with simcard’s code. Or else take your mobile to a mobile technician , and they will reset the code for you in two minutes. As you don’t have the application to perform, so going for this might be the best option for you.

In addition, if you are unable to memorize codes than please continue with the normal default code or else have an application known as "UNLOCK IT" on your device that displays your codes on your mobile screen when you need it.

Thanks for you quick helps mate.. I just tried to rest my phone with the steps mentioned by rajmalhotra that is
    * , OK (green) Key , 3 , and On off button.
    I found that my device was formatting. But still after it got switched on again it poped up asking me for the code. That doesn't worked for me.

And thanks maq.h for suggesting the application "UNLOCK IT", i'll always have it installed on my mobile. But what can i do for now ? Guys please help me.

The formatting option mentioned about is not for hard reset, and many times it won't reset the security codes for your Nokia mobile. It will just remove your contacts, application form the phone memory and all but can not reset the code. To do the hard reset you need to enter the following *#7370# and tap OK button, but here you cannot perform this as well because it will ask you to enter the security code after tap OK button

The best part to get rid of this problem is by upgrading your mobile's firmware with nokia pc suite. This is my personal experience, it will reset your security codes, error, etc.. without asking you to enter code.

When i was looking for the same solution for my Nokia 6630, some here has suggested me an application named HC-NOKIA-UNLOCK. This will also reset your mobiles security code without any hesitation. The guys has also guided me with the complete process step by step. Hope it will help you too. You can find that post here: Nokia 6630 lock Code Forgotten!