Thread: Want to change my yahoo security question

Want to change my yahoo security question

I have created one yahoo account and on this account i have got many important mails. Now the problem is that i have tried to access this account after a very much long time and i have got a big problem here. Actually i forgot the password and when i try to change my password then i came to know that i have forgot the answer of my security question as well.

Re: Want to change my yahoo security question

I think it is not at all possible to change the security question of your yahoo account but i guess you need to think a bit more about the answer of your security question as you get N number of chances for answering the security question so you just have to keep on trying to answer the question which has been created by you only or at least selected by you.
    In The Absence Of Light
    Darkness Prevail's

Ammmm, I guess you have created a very critical position regarding an accessing your yahoo mail account. Actually the only way to get the new password is to answer the security question and if you have forgot the same then i guess it would not be possible to access the same account after such a long time. Still you may directly contact with the yahoo through an internet, I know that it is bit strange and almost impossible but still if your account has such an important data then you may try to have something from their end.
    "Me fail English!? That unpossible!"

A Secret (or Security) Question provides you with a second level of security beyond your normal Yahoo! ID and password. You may be asked your Secret Question when you need a new password, technical support or questions about your billing. To change your secret question or answer you must be signed in to the account to be updated. So i think you must have got an idea that where you have stuck now.

According to me the simplest way to remember the password of your email account is to set your birth date as a security questions. I guess you would not be forgetting your birthdate for your whole lifetime. It is true that some other people must be knowing your birthdate but you can keep on changing the password after some interval of time. Or you may set some kind of role number of your university exams as a security question and it would be there in marksheet and nobody can know it, By chance you forget the role number then you can just go through your marksheet.