Thread: NETGEAR DG834G v3 password does not works

NETGEAR DG834G v3 password does not works

I am using NETGEAR DG834G v3 Wireless ADSL2+ Router from last one year and have found that it works greatly but the problem is that when i reset it and now i am trying to use the default password then it is not working. I want to know that what is wrong with the password where i know that the password is "password". Now what should i try to make it working?

Re: NETGEAR DG834G v3 password does not works

You have to first reset your router which would be having the custom username and password which might have been set by you only. Now if you want to change the username and password to the default one then you need to do some small actions which is pressing the reset button for 30 seconds or may be more then that which will be deleting its custom settings.

The password which you are entering to reinstall your router on your computer system is the correct one but the problem could be that your router have not yet reset. I think you should try it again by pressing the reset button for more longer time and then check that same username and password is working or not.

I have searched a bit about the default username and password of your NETGEAR DG834G v3 and have found that the default username for this router id "admin" without quotes and and the pass word is "password" that too without quotes. But from now onwards i suggest you to keep remember this default things about your router or you may write it on the back side of your router itself even if it is very much easy to remember.

Before entering the wrong password anymore i would recommend you to directly contact with the dealer from where you have bought this router.
    I know that its been so long that you have bought this router but it would be better if you call up the same dealer for again setting up the same router on your computer system or you may call some other technician as well for doing the same thing on your computer system.

I think you have to again reset your router so that it would be asking for the default username and password when you try to use it. Actually your router might not have reset properly so it would be still having the manual settings of which you have forgot the password or an username.
    Now keep reset button pressed for 1 minute and then let your router reboot, Once it gets rebooted then you can enter default values.