Thread: Panasonic PV-GS31 video to PC problem

Panasonic PV-GS31 video to PC problem

I have a problem and I could not go take my video camera, encoder for DV. it connect to my PC, but this to me as an unknown device detects obvious that capture programs as MotionDV STUDIO LE for DV, Dr. DivX, Movie Maker, or Adobe .... I detected. DV to buy a USB cable and is supposed to detect owes me to start encoder ... but it is not, and look at various websites and there are apparently many users have problems with Windows XP service pack 2 installed. Someone can help me take my video camera to walk like god encoder, as I connect the video capture. (Do not look for the usb to usb driver, to see the SD card from my camera, detects the perfect ... me), I need the USB and DV encoder out there. Help me as soon as possible.

Re: Panasonic PV-GS31 video to PC problem

There are no cables to USB DV, get yourself a wirefire cable, IEEE1394 or iLink, (are the same) and make sure your PC has a wirefire port, IEEE1394 or iLink. If you have wirefire port, try the USB cable, your PC must have USB 2.0 ports for transferring video. "Encoder? encoding a video editing is done after and are two additional topics that can answer after solving the capture or transfer video from the camera to the PC.

Thanks for your attention.
    There are no cables to USB DV, get yourself a wirefire cable, IEEE1394 or iLink
    Yes there can in many colors etc brands. But you're right, I could not walk so take my video camera, buy a PCI card with various ports IEEE 1394, truth or driver asked me, the camera connects to the PC immediately and said, "was recently discovered Panasonic PV-GS31 device" and is now ready for use. Probe the software that came with the camera "MotionDV STUDIO LE for DV" from there you can handle the camara, the interpolation, the capture is as simple, and with a quality I apologize for the word. But now the problem is that when I capture parts of my film, this one generates huge files, for example "32 minutes, I generated as 10 gigabytes or more" ... I try to find the program you select the option to capture as MPG4 codecs or divx ... but do not bring these options.

Thanks for your comments and hope you can help me with the solutions.

Get the pinnacle studio plus, is the very best and has several different formats of capture. But the better catch if you do you will have it in AVI DV, 6GB holds you every half hour, I guess that's how we're doing ... I is what I recommend, but if you can, try the pinnacle and other format.

Then, reviewing the issue of cable; is that the cable samples in the photo is the USB cable used to transfer photos taken by the camera to the PC. That is their function and not to transfer video. I am sure that if you download the applications like Power Director or ULead, you will able to convert it properly and then can watch the videos. So better try this solution.

I bought a new Samsung MiniDV couple of weeks and the IEEE1394 card, not if you call them so well DIEC or video capture, which is the same or Fire Wire. Well, the thing is that the tapes transferred to the PC, not the movies recorded on SD memory, but the images on tape. I realize (further comment) that there is little clear information on many topics, such as this, for example where not discussed anywhere if you have to give any special settings or something or PC card.

Well, the thing is that it makes about 4 weeks ago I tried to format the PC, but follow the option of windows to repair the previous installation ... and I forgot about the Mini DV as the PC I lent to my friend and the camera, but not occupied. VideoStudio 7 program to select capture says no such device or may not be ready. Beside that catches my attention that when you open Windows Explorer shows me the hard drives and CD Writer but it shows me the camera. Looking at Hardware configuration is the port WireFire and no conflicts or anything ... but it just seems that you are well.