Thread: iPod Classic 160GB won't play songs in single repeat mode

iPod Classic 160GB won't play songs in single repeat mode

Please help me in solving this issue. I have recently bought an Apple iPod classic 160gb and I am facing some problems with it. I synced the iPod with my desktop computer which is installed with Windows Xp. The problem which I am facing is that, iPod does not play some songs in single repeat mode. Ideally the song should repeat time and time again but it does not happen for some songs. Is my iPod faulty? Should I get it replaced? Please help.

Re: iPod Classic 160GB won't play songs in single repeat mode

You have mentioned that you have recently bought the iPod and hence I will suggest that you take the iPod to the authorized apple service center and get it checked. It seems that the iPod is having problems and some songs are not working in single repeat mode. Get the iPod checked and replaced if it is found faulty.

Ipod does not support all the audio formats. If any audio file other than the supported format is synced in the iPod, it will not be played. Therefore first check if the file which you are adding to the iPod is supported by the iPod or not. Also check if the file is having valid IDv3 tag in the iTunes. Files with invalid IDv3 tag are skipped while playing.

Is there any mobile device in vicinity of the iPod while playing. Sometimes the signal of mobile causes some interference with the near by electronic device and this problem can also because of the interference. So if there is any mobile device in vicinity then move it away from the iPod and check if the iPod is working properly or not.

I think the firmware of the of the iPod is having some problems. Proper working of the iPod depends on the proper working of the firmware of the iPod. Therefore take the iPod to the apple gallery and get the firmware of the iPod updated. Once the firmware of the iPod is updated, you will not face the same problem again.

Connect the iPod to the computer and let the iTUnes detect the iPod. Once the iPod is detected, click on the iPod icon. Now click on Restore button. It will ask for permission, click on yes. Now let the procedure complete. Once the procedure is complete, you will not face the same problem again.

Thanks for helping out. Restoring the iPod using the iTunes really helped in solving the issue. I think the iPod had some software related issue which was solved by restoring the iPod. Now all the songs are played in the single repeat mode without any issues.