Thread: Use of IPad for word/excel

Use of IPad for word/excel

I am planning to purchase an Ipad. I spend so much of my life at meetings where I have to retrieve the reports, spreadsheets and so many things to get the documents and I need to get the doc. or xls on my iPad . My hope is that I can use the Ipad to replace paper. Is this possible to use this feature, does anybody here are aware about this. It will cope with windows documents and are their any application or software which would allow me to annotate the documents or highlight text etc....

Re: Use of IPad for word/excel

Apple's Keynote, Pages, and numbers applications for the iPad are entirely compatible with the Microsoft Office PowerPoint, Excel, and Word documents. They will even can be able to open and modify the Office 2007 and 2010 based (docx, xlsx, and pptx). I am running with the building-wide wi-fi here at work so I opted for the wi-fi only iPad (I am also running with an Android 3G cellphone with much proper service than AT&T that I can switch into a 5 device wi-fi hotspot at any location where I move). I constantly pull up PowerPoint, Word, and Excel files with my iPad when I attempt the meeting to add my personal notes or follow along with somebody.

Hi guys ! I am also in the same way to use the spreadsheet and text documents and the better thing is that I can able to upload the documents in more than one formats as well as MS Office created documents , PDF files, and iWork files for the some of the Apple computer users here. I didn't carried paper with my anywhere and always opted for my 10" netbook. Currently, my iPad has replaced that. The Apple iWork iPad application (Keynote, Pages, and Numbers) are available for $10 each.

Just aware about something - At the moment, Numbers can read but unable to export into Excel format. The Keynote are capable to read a Powerpoint file but you can only export as different Keynote file or a PDF. Pages can read and be stored as a Word document .

In order to this, When I was working on mac, It will have a version of iWorks. iWorks contains three sections , Pages, Numbers and Keynote. The Office is similar to Word, Excel, and Powerpoint. iWorks will open and save in Apple's format or in Word, Excel or Powerpoint formats an PDF also in the same way . Each part will run $10, so about $30 complete for the package.
    Last edited by kelfro; 16-06-2010 at 04:52 PM.

I easily have my iPad upload the numbers file to my iWork site where users are able to download it in PDF, Excel, and iWork formats. The iPad itself is not implemented with such feature but, as I told that "The better thing is that I can able to upload the documents in more than one formats as well as MS Office created documents , PDF files, and iWork files for the some of the Apple computer users here." So yeah, there is a method if you are using iWorks account. That is the section of the perks of my task and being able to write that off as a work expense to get reimbursed.