Thread: iPod 80GB Classic crashes iTunes

iPod 80GB Classic crashes iTunes

Hello there, I have an Apple iPod classic 80gb which I connect to my desktop computer for syncing. Recently I updated the iTunes version on the computer and since then I am not able to sync my iPod with the computer. As soon as I connect the iPod to the computer, iTunes detects it and then crashes. I am not able to figure out what exactly is causing the problem and hence I need your help.

Re: iPod 80GB Classic crashes iTunes

According to me the iTunes version on the computer is corrupt due to which it is crashing when the iPod is connected. The files associated to the iTunes must be having some problems due to which the iTunes is not working properly. Uninstall iTunes from the computer and then remove all the files/keys associated to the application. Once all the traces of the application are removed, reinstall the application and check if the problem persists or not.

Are you sure that the system is not infected with any kind of virus? By looking at the symptoms I think the system is infected with some kind of virus. Virus infect the files of the application which are used frequently by the user. If such a situation occurs then the application will crash regularly. Therefore scan the system and repair or quarantine all the files which are corrupt. After repairing all the files which are infected, the itunes should work properly.

Change the connecting cord and then see if there is any improvement. For proper communication between the computer and the iPod, the connecting cord should be proper. If any line of conduction of the cord is faulty, the communication will be hampered. Therefore try changing the connecting cord and see if the problem is solved.

I am also facing the same issue with my 160 gb ipod classic. The itunes crashes when the iPod is connected to the computer and this started to happen after updating the version of iTunes on the computer. I think there is some problem with the new version of the iTunes. I will try and install the earlier version of iTunes and see if the iPod is syncing.

Try resetting the iPod and then connect it to the computer. Sometimes the firmware of the iPod gets stuck up in some loop. If such a situation occurs then the system will not detect the iPod. To bring the iPod back to working state, reset the iPod. You can follow the resetting procedure at the official website of Apple.