Thread: windows encountered an error when trying to install itunes

windows encountered an error when trying to install itunes

I have just purchased an ipod nano (gen 5) and then after I had install itunes 9.0 on my laptop. I am runnign with windows vista 64 bit and whenever, I try to attempt the installation of the itunes, it says that " windows encountered an error before it could install itunes". I have wiped out my entire temp files, uninstalled the itunes and even tried wiping out my installation files but the software would not open because of permission problems even though I already have an administrator account on vista. What else can I try to download itunes?

Re: windows encountered an error when trying to install itunes

Hi everyone , I am unable to seem to get Itunes 8 in proper manner . Each and every time when I launch the installer , an error message that says -
    "The system encountered error before Itunes could be configured. Your systems has not been modified. To try this application at a later time, please run the installer again."
    I have tried the same attempt so many times means uninstall and reinstall but everything but same message redirected to me !!!

All of the users of the iTunes and whoever suffering with this issue means installing iTunes 8 or later, I had the similarproblems and I have managed to resolve mine quicly and in a simple way .

Download the fresh itunes application, and save the downloded .exe file on desktop. Before installing this, first go for downloading of windows installer 3.1 or higher for 32bit or for 64bit. I have install windows installer 3.1 and then download the .net framework 2.0 or higher all from microsoft.com. Only when these two are installed can you install iTunes on your computer , whether Windows xp or vista. Give it a try and I am sure it would be helpful for you because it worked for me.

If you are running with the older versions of iTunes in your system and you have stored the already created playlist , you should try to uninstall the previously installed versions of iTunes as well as Quicktime player and allover Apple application that can be possible to locate in the add or remove programs from the Control Panel. After making uninstallation of this, you should try to find the directory "iTunes" contains all of your playlist that was previously configured in iTunes that you uninstalled and remove it. It doesn't remove actually and even if you already uninstalled iTunes. But before you remove the "iTunes" directory then just be sure that you back up first entire stored songs that was stored in the playlist directory. After removing the "iTunes" installation directory, then perform the installation of iTune 8 and you are good to go.

Just check for this location C:\temp folder - your temp folder could be separate - and located the "iTunesSetupD04.log" file. And also the your log file name be different there , so check entire existing log files associated to iTunes within the temp folder, just in case. Within the log file, I located the following statement :

Executing: "C:\WINXP\system32\msiexec.exe" /i "c:\Temp\ixp433.tmp\iTunes.msi"

Then after just copy entire *.msi files from C:\temp\ixp4433.tmp folder to another directory in my desktop. There were 6 .msi files in the ixp4433.tmp directory as follows:

• AppleMobileDeviceSupport.msi
    • AppleSoftwareUpdate.msi
    • Bonjour.msi
    • Itunes.msi
    • MobileMe.Msi
    • QuickTime.msi