Thread: Ipod Nano Corrupt?

Ipod Nano Corrupt?

I have just loaded up iTunes and it told me that my iPod nano was corrupt and suggested me to perform a restore on my iPod. I have tried to go for the restore and it just moves on for ever, I have tried rebooting my PC but it doesn't change anything. The iPod is brand new as I got this on Christmas and still running within the warranty..I am really worried that my mother spend £200 for it and it aint going to be in well manner.. So any help would be appreciated !

Re: Ipod Nano Corrupt?

Hey morea, You need not to worry about this,the same thing happened with me and I also though that my money also waste. I have just managed to resolve this issue and it will be helpful for not only you, all of the users who are having this issue.
    If this happens to some other users , All you requires to do is to just keep down the menu button and the middle button for near about 10 seconds and the iPod will reset and be back within the normal position ..

Quote Originally Posted by Glenny View Post
    Hey morea, You need not to worry about this,the same thing happened with me and I also though that my money also waste. I have just managed to resolve this issue and it will be helpful for not only you, all of the users who are having this issue.
    If this happens to some other users , All you requires to do is to just keep down the menu button and the middle button for near about 10 seconds and the iPod will reset and be back within the normal position ..

Thank you very much for this very helpful suggestion. I thought that it was forever frozen and broken. Didn't need to end up wasting my 200 for a new damaged nano...

I also have an iPod Nano. It was going fine in the first two weeks or so, but somehow it seems corrupted. I am not positive as to why it got damaged but I think it is because once when I was disconnecting it from my laptop's USB I didn't connect it in well manner (I have no any idea about how the "proper" method was). I have done the re-installation of everything since I was hoping to start over. I was trying to reset my iPod to factory configuration, hoping that that would clean the issue and I was having with it.

iTunes reported this error message:

"iTunes has detected an iPod that appears to be corrupted. You may need to restore this iPod before it can be used with iTunes. You may also try disconnecting and reconnecting the iPod."

Yeah, I didn't got the nature of the error message. Apple is assumed to be so close to the user , yet if there is anything at all that restricts the sync process prior to entire initial data exchange, it's all alarm bells about damaged iPods and restoration. So many times, I have seen this comes up over the years and there has only been single , maybe two, times where there was a issue that needed restoration to sync. The majority of the time the iPod easily required reset, the rest of the time the system required restart. You would consider that the Apple would just say something along the lines of, "there was an error interacting with your iPod, please reset the iPod and try again. If that got failed to go in proper way finally , you have to contact to the support personals

In this scenario,you should primarily try connecting with your iPod to a Mac or computer system. If windows or Mac operating system is capable to recognize and read data from your drive (this will be available in machine and windows will show it as a Removable Drive). Then easily copy entire directory and files into a directory on your computer hard drive (Remember one thing to copy entire hidden files and directories).

Now, restore your iPod with the help of iTunes and also if an upgrade is available for your iPod so upgrade this . Now when the iPod committs the restoration procedure or formatting . Just copy the hidden directory back to iPod and your iPod is ready.