Thread: Outlook sync with iPhone

Outlook sync with iPhone

I bought an iphone this evening from my friends at 7:15pm, no line whats over, spend less than three minutes at the Store. I figured out all of the components are well running and everything configured fine and I am sure about all that configuration but after all getting some difficulties with my device, however, it is not synching with my Outlook. Does anybody have any suggestion regarding this ...?

Re: Outlook sync with iPhone

I am running with the same issue and I am trying to sync from Outlook 2007 on which is installed on windows XP to my iPhone. It tells me that it is syncing my contacts, schedule and email accounts but once it's finishes there's no data.

I just spent near about three hours on the phone with Apple iPhone support. I have tried making a new post office in a new windows user account but that was unsuccessful . I was able to sync contacts with the help of Outlook Express. It allows me to go for that but I use Outlook for work and using Outlook Express really is not feasible for me. I called for the support and they asked me to take it to Microsoft as an Outlook issue .

Outlook going well for me just before I upgrade iTunes to ver 7.3 so I am able to sync the iPhone. As of currently, I am unable to use outlook at all, whenever, I launch outlook, I got an error message and then turn off automatically . I think, Apple and microsoft will resolve this issue soon. I am capable to upload music into my iPod with the manual procedure and it is not possible to perform this with iPhone, I have to sync the directories , I don't like this also but I will suffer with this . The phone is so great , I lost the voice commands, I think, the second generation will have this feature default .

The same issue also going on with my brother's iPhone but reported this to official forum . Apple's iphone forum has outlined a solution that has only executable for me once but has to perform with the COM buttons in Outlook (Tools=>Options=>Other=>Advanced Options=>Com Add-Ins for Outlook 2003). I think, both apple com add-ins require to stay 'checked' but one or both of them keep unchecking. I think and hope that they will resolve this with the another itunes update.

I am running with the same issue in that recurring appointments and invites sent to me appear to sync, but continuously appointments don't. "Entire day" events sometimes displays up and sometimes didn't come up properly. I am certain the issue with the iPhone getting the Outlook store. How frustrating, I actually needed this to replace my SmartPhone. And yeah, the lack of ActiveSync to sync without wireless with Exchange is a actual downer!!

I am not much sure that if it would work for anybody but my organization used a custom form in our outlook calendar (it contains some popular meeting template we are supposed fill out). Commonly, I would just wipe out the components of the form and save my appointment. I configured new appointments to work with the default form (IPM.appointment) instead of the custom form and had very best syncing procedure. Maybe provide that a shot?

To configure you form:

Select Go > Folder List
    Right click on Calendar in the folder list and choose Properties
    Set When posting to such folder, use: toIPM.appointment