Thread: How to force restore an ipod touch?

How to force restore an ipod touch?

I have newly purchased the iPod touch from ebay. The iPod touch contains a passcode which I don't know . I have performed the keeping the power and home button step and gotten it to configure up for a restore via the itunes but I continuously receiving the error message that it will not restore. I am thinking that it is just because of it is a another system then the owner. How do I go about putting the iPod touch into a FORCE restore?

Re: How to force restore an ipod touch?

According to me, you are going to have to get help from official support means contact with the support personal. If somebody here are aware about this technique.. how to fix that problem, I would hope they would not post it here anyway. Everyday, there are umpteen users here whose devices have been stolen and umpteen more who seems as they were the thieves. I am not telling that your scenario doesn't happen but this is why it's critical for the seller to perform the restoration , otherwise it can't be registered with the new owner's account.
    "Me fail English!? That unpossible!"

There are several posts where users quering about how to perform this so I thought I would post this reply to limit the questions. There is one thing that I wanted to make you sure that you must have iPod connected with the machine while going to perform this..

1. Press and keep down the home button and the sleep/wake button. (the power off option will come up, avoid this )
    2. When the apple logo comes up let go of the sleep/wake button (keep down the home button.)
    3. After some seconds, you should get the connect to iTunes image (you can now let go of the home button.)
    4. Open iTunes application .
    5. iTunes should by default detect your iPod once the image appears , if not disconnect your iPod and connect it back .
    6. Restore your iPod by clicking the "Restore" button.

After a lot of search and discussion with some friends and experts. I got a method to do this and this is an alternate way to do the same and I will say thanks to you all who adviced and helped me to find this answer with me ..This is really simple way to do it...

• Just be sure that iPod is properly turned off.
    • Keep down the home button while its turned off.
    • While keeping the Home button, plug the cable. The iPod should turn on.
    • Keep down the Home button.
    • The Connect to iTunes image should apper.
    • Now, you have entered in recovery mode.

Here are some cases where I got this happening. When moving into the Settings. If nothing actually loads and you are searching at the gray background then fine either wait of hold down the clack button until it closes. Reconfiguring at this time will cause the death apple.

I have just figured out that configuring freezing like that when trying to retrieve it while an application is downloading. Whenever, you are running with a frozen application, it just down the black button for like 30 seconds and it should exit the application. Never perform the reconfiguration with a frozen application or you also may get the death apple .It is just from consideration that I have made over the last couple of weeks. I have had to force it reconfigure about 5 times so far.

Hi everyone,

The above suggested things didn't work for me. I committed the reset last night as I am selling the phone and needed to clear entire components.

The phone didn't move to restarted, it continuously coming up with the apple logo and a round timer. I have already tried the above steps and this doesn't support, Itunes gets up with a message as 'iphone in recovery mode, restart.I am unable to get it to do anything.