Thread: Panasonic PV-GS35 is compatible with an iMac?

Panasonic PV-GS35 is compatible with an iMac?

I am thinking to purchase the Panasonic PV-GS35 MiniDV Digital Camcorder. Now I am not having any idea about it. The main point that I want to ask you guys is about the compatibility of Panasonic PV-GS35 with an Mac OS X operating system. I am having iMac and want to connect the Panasonic PV-GS35 with it, so that I can upload video from mini DV cassettes into iMovie. So please provide me the proper information about the PV-GS35.

Re: Panasonic PV-GS35 is compatible with an iMac?

You can connect the Panasonic PV-GS35 with the iMac by using the firewire cable. It is compatible with the MAC OS X operating system. You should also know that the FireWire cable does not require device identification is high quality and offers speeds up to 400 Mbs. It connects in a simple and compatible with Windows and Mac systems. The following are the Specifications :
    • FIRE WIRE Cable 6P/6P for audio and video
    • Connectors with gold laminated anticorrosive
    • Chain connections point to point up to 63 devices
    • Cable length 1.8m

Since you are not knowing much about the Panasonic PV-GS35, I would like to give description about it. The below is the Description :
    The Panasonic PV-GS35 is condensed digital camcorder that offers obligatory image quality and color accuracy. Sitting at the pinnacle of Panasonic's entry-level PV-GS line, the PV-GS35 is a fully loaded model, designed for the desires of the enthusiast and first-timer alike. A step up from the PV-GS19 and the PV-GS31, the PV-GS35 contains a 30x optical zoom lens for unprecedented imaging power and shooting flexibility. Supplementary features comprise a digital Photoshot Still capability, and a new navigation system that can be managed with a one-finger joystick for maximum competence in tight shooting conditions. The PV-GS35 Also includes a built-in LED light, high-speed USB 2.0 connection, Motion DV Studio Video Editing PC Software, and a special three-hour battery.

The PV-GS35 is Panasonic's flagship, 1 chip MiniDV camcorder this year. It offers some immense improvements to last year's models, as well as an exceptional 30x optical zoom, on one chip camcorders which is an incredible. The supplementary distinguishing feature of the PV-GS35 is its new joystick navigational system, which offers the grand one-handed user operating ability and makes this camcorder a joy to handle. A two and half hour long battery included is an uncomplicated to ensure hours of handheld fun, far away from power outlets and other manmade disasters out of place in beautiful outdoor views.

This was the initial camcorder I have ever purchased so I did an assortment of research before buying the PV-GS35. I was pretty well prepared for what I got for the reason that I spent a lot of time interoperating the various reviews. The low light recital perhaps a bit was of inferior quality than I was some expecting based on reviews, but I had other play around with camcorders to know it was possibly normal for this price range. The built in led light works OK, primarily because I am shooting video of my son, in low light so I tend to be within range of elucidation. The handling is good, except for a couple of buttons (light, quick start) that are rigid for me to hit because the record button is in the way. Usually I end up using a second hand, but that is a pretty minor worry. I had looked at it seemed other camcorders and much more difficult and wearisome to access the features in their menus.
    S.P.A.M=Stupid Posts And Message

This camcorder is the flagship model for Panasonic CCD one, packed full of features and tempting definitely when deciding whether you actually need to fritter twice as much for a 3 CCD camcorder. The key feature for this model is the lens system. No other camcorder on the market can blow your own horn impressive such optical zoom, and there is a discrepancy between a devices optical zoom and digital zoom (pv-gs35 is 1000x fyi). There is more noticeable shake when zoomed in on something at great distances, but this is predictable to be the field of view since you've shrunk as zoomed. Overall stability image is of itinerary very manageable and clear, crisp, and colorful. Controls are nicely arranged, including toggle the ubiquitous pad. It really makes this camera a breeze to navigate, even when you need to go fishing-through the menu system to tweak a manual option, of which this camcorder has many. Otherwise, if you're looking for a simple point-and-film camcorder, still this is for you. The model does an excellent job of focusing on substance automatically, with all necessary buttons for recording and lighting on the exterior of the camcorder body.

Is this compatible with MAC? You may covet to make convinced as a lot of the camcorders don't approach with Mac drivers you may be able to download Mac drivers from Panasonic but if it’s not compatible then it won’t vocation and you will necessitate to download to a PC and then blaze to a CD to use on the Mac.
    "Me fail English!? That unpossible!"

The integrated remote and AV cables make it a gust to hook up your camcorder to your TV and share your video with others unswervingly from the device. And if you're interested in getting into video editing and DVD recording, the camcorder eat with nice horde of software tools that will help you get ready things for DVD. Word to the wise: I would recommend using an up-to-date computer when editing your video from the camcorder. Not only are you going to need a substantial chunk of hard drive space, it's got to have enough pep to menial through all those video frames in addition to the sound track. Reason I mention this is my dinky because possibly rebate laptop is unsuitable for video editing, so I’m probably looking at an upgrade. DV cable is not included, but USB. Get the DV if you want a faster download to your computer.