Go Back   TechArena Community > Hardware > Portable Devices
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 15-06-2010

iPod Touch refuses to sync photos - "low memory"

Hello there, I am facing a very weird problem with the iPod touch which I am using. I have a iPod touch which has about 240 mb of free space. On this iPod I want to transfer some pictures whose size is about 3mb but the problem is that I am not able to sync the photos to the iPod. Everytime I try to sync the pictures, ipod gives an error message saying "Not enough memory". I am not able to figure why the iPod is giving such error and hence need your help. Any suggestions about the issue are more than welcome.
Old 15-06-2010

Re: iPod Touch refuses to sync photos - "low memory"

Sometimes the firmware of the device gets stuck and hence it is not able to perform all the functions correctly. To bring the iPod back to working state, you will have to reset the iPod. To reset the iPod, press and hold the sleep and home button. Keep the buttons pressed till a Grey apple logo appears. Release the buttons and let the iPod boot. Once done see if the same error message is displayed or not.
Old 15-06-2010

I suspect the problem is with the version of iTunes which is installed on the computer. For the itunes to work properly on the system, all the files which are associated to it must be working properly. Remove the current installed version of iTunes and remove all the keys/files related to the iTunes. Download the latest installation file for the iTunes and install it on the computer. Sync the iPod and see if it works.
Old 15-06-2010

Are there any applications installed on the iPod? if yes then remove all the applications and create some space on the iPod. Once the space is created, connect the ipod and sync it with iTunes. After all the photos are synced, install the applications again on the iPod. While installation of the application, the iPod will not give any errors. Hopefully this will work.
Old 16-06-2010

You will not be able to completely fill up the hard drive of th iPod. For the iPod to work properly, some free space is required on the hardrive. If the hard drive is full completely then the iPod will become work very slow. Hence I will suggest that you dont try to fill up the hard drive completely as it may lead to device failure.
Old 17-06-2010

Thanks for helping out. I followed your instruction and uninstalled some applications from the itunes. When enough space for the photos was there, I synced the photos and then installed the application again. Also I contacted the customer support and found out that the some free space is required for the iPod to work properly.

TechArena Community > Hardware > Portable Devices
Tags: , , , , ,