Thread: iPod touch unlock screen unresponsive

iPod touch unlock screen unresponsive

I am facing a weird problem with the iPod touch which I have bought recently. The iPod worked for few days properly but now the touchscreen of the iPod is not responding. I am not able to unlock the iPod as the unlock screen itself is unresponsive. Does this mean my iPod is defective? How do I solve this problem? Please help.

Re: iPod touch unlock screen unresponsive

As the iPod is new, I will suggest that you take the iPod to the nearest apple service center and get it checked. All the apple products are having 1 year warranty cover which is void if the device has sustained a physical damage. Therefore I will suggest that you get the iPod checked at the service center and see if the device is faulty or not. If the iPod is found faulty, it will be replaced for free.

Try resetting the iPod and check if it works normally or not. To reset the iPod, press and hold the sleep/wake button and home button. Keep both the buttons pressed till the apple logo is visible. As soon as the Apple logo is visible, release the buttons and let the iPod boot. After starting completely, check if it is working properly or not.

Thanks for replying to the thread really fast. As suggested I pressed and holded the home and sleep button till the apple logo appeared and then released the button. After normal booting,now the iPod touch is working properly but now the browser on the iPod touch is not working properly. It gets stuck while visiting some websites. How do I solve this problem?

The processor of the iPod touch is of lower clock frequency and hence the browser gets stuck sometimes. I am also facing the same problem sometimes. The browser on my iPod gets stuck, if there are many elements to be loaded. There is nothing much we can do about it. Hopefully a patch for this problem is available soon.

Installed applications getting stuck in the iPod means that the firmware of the iPod is not working properly. To solve such problem you will have to update the firwmare of the laptop. Connect the iPod to the computer and update the firmware using the iTunes. After firmware upgradation, you will not face same problem again. Do not disconnect the iPod when the firmware is being updated as it my cause the iPod to go bad.