Thread: Touch dropped in water, should I turn it off?

Touch dropped in water, should I turn it off?

I forgot that my device was kept into my hoodie pocket and dropped it in the the tub while my younger brother was having a bath. I have got this in a bag of dry rice currently and also, I have checked the water indicater and it is still white.

I was not much sure that if it would be functional yet as the LCD screen was a little weird and touch screen would not work, but looks well currently . My actual question though, is should I switched it off, or just skip it on (it goes in sleep mode )? Should it be properly switched off or is that going to cause more fault ?

Re: Touch dropped in water, should I turn it off?

hey buddy, No need to worry so much about this but one thing I wanted to say you that just stop playing with this . Leave it for at least one week but that should be not in your pocket of your hoodie Well, If you have recently purchased this means just before two weeks ,The you can get the help of the apple support personal. In case, if you are running in the warranty period then they will replace it , cant hurt to try.

I concur with such type of answer.This is the good way. If the your iPod is still within the warranty then you need to take the risk for this and you should not open it up just what other's are suggesting you to do . If you will open it yourself then you will lost your warranty guaranteed. One thing more, you need to place it in the sun. Placing electronics in the sun can get them very worm inside that would be harmful for the attached circuits inside the iPod . The excellent guys on the support personal may help, but do not try to lie with them regarding the water damage. The color changing water sensor within the device will tell the whole tail of water story.

Since it is an costly section of electronics, I would suggest you to spend some more than just getting rice. Your local convenience or pet supplies shops will have some types of silica gel dependent litter. The brand Fresh Steps Crystals would be one of the better option . These litters are pure silica gel, is type of pellet which evaporates water really fine . Just be careful that you need not to use a litter which has any clay within this . Clay is what clumps together when it gets wet, silica lets water to evaporate....

I mistakenly dropped mine in the water and used the rice way and it gone fine in the way. I also didn't switched it on. But if its been within a year since you purchased the ipod and I would take it again for the store. If you are fine to them several the Genius Bar workers will transfer out your damaged one with the new one. It can never hurt to ask!

I found some tricks and security method,that would be helpful for you if iPod has been damaged by water, please consider on this.....

1. If you dropped your iPod in water, Switch it off right now if it is already on then after dry it using towel.
    2. After doing all this, open the iPod. You can apply a guitar pick for this operation or screw driver and start on the corner and move it another way means clockwise. Be careful in this operation, not to scratch or bend it.
    3. Once it would be opened,then make sure that everything is dry.
    4. With the help of a blow dryer, try to dry the every sections thoroughly.
    5. Then you can put it back together and recharge it for near about 30 minutes and then switch it on again .