Thread: Ultrabay ejection latch not working on Lenovo R400 laptop

Ultrabay ejection latch not working on Lenovo R400 laptop

I am experiencing some problem with my R400 laptop. I am not able to remove my optical drive from Lenovo UltraBay. However I am still able to use my optical drive very well but when I try to eject, the drive do not eject the Ultrabay. I didn't find any lock for the Ultrabay. Then what is the problem on my laptop?

Re: Ultrabay ejection latch not working on Lenovo R400 laptop

This seems to be some serious problem with your optical drive. Did you tried to approach Lenovo regarding this? They will definitely change your drive if it is in warranty or will charge you for the same. I don't think there is anyone else who can look into this matter at this point of time. This has happened to one of my friend and the Lenovo solved his problem.

Yeah, even I thought of the same and consulted with Lenovo on phone. They also told me that replacement is the only solution to this problem. I just posted here to make sure if they were right or not. I think there is some problem with ejection latch on newer builds. I am thinking of to replace the complete drive, should I go and replace or do you want to say something in this matter?

Replacing it completely will affect your system and increase the headache of assembling the parts. If this is what suggested by Lenovo then better don't do that, this is just a marketing strategy. I don't think there should be any problem with your ultrabay ejection mechanism.

I am trying to do this on my own. I will be searching for a base cover online or locally and would be replacing myself. I don't want to go Lenovo because I think they would be blaming me for breaking my ultrabay ejection and would be charging for it although it is in warranty. I remember I had pressed the corner chip of the base cover hardly but that has been too long.