Thread: iTunes updates same songs on every Sync

iTunes updates same songs on every Sync

I am getting very strange issues when I am trying to sync iPod where as my other friends are doing well and they also bought with me . The issue is related to the syncing procedure. Whenever , I am going to sync my first generation iPod touch, the always same 71 songs update every time when syncing takes place . This process consumes near about 20 minutes and seems very irritating. Any suggestion !! why it is going on like this ...??

Re: iTunes updates same songs on every Sync

This can be the bug of the iTunes software through which you are trying to sync the whole memory of the phone or selected contents of your iPod . You should check that which version of iTunes your are currently working on (iTunes => about iTunes). If you are getitng anything different than 9.1.1 (12), Then you need to just get the latest version from this location = http://www.apple.com/itunes/download/ and launch the installer over your recent installation.

Yeah, I have already made the update recently and tried to configure the appropriate settings according to your suggestion, so everything is updated and runnign well. One more thing, I have tried everything besides the dreaded restore, but I am considering that if this is a particular issue which has occurred up before? I also have some songs which keep getting up with the wrong album art, or none at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Netorious View Post
    Yeah, I have already made the update recently and tried to configure the appropriate settings according to your suggestion, so everything is updated and running well.
    Does that mean, it says 9.1.1 (12) when you move within the iTunes => about iTunes ? If you have used the software update recently , it would have put 9.1.1 (11) on your machine. within 24 hours, 9.1.1 (12) was released and this will not dispolayed up when you run the software update. The iTunes updates exact songs on every Sync issue was attributed to version (11) but resolved with (12).

Whenever, I sync my iPod (Touch 2G), I have stored near about 20 or 30 songs that iTunes insists on syncing. I commonly sync just to get some of the updated pod casts, but have to wait while it needlessly syncs the songs. The songs themselves looks to be well, as I have listened to some just before it considered that they required to be synced. Nothing is changing on the files themselves - I have not been modifying any of the tags or album art or any components . Any suggestion, why it considers these similar songs require to be synced every time, and how I can tell it otherwise?

If you have played the music file on your iPod and as well as near about three times on your system since the last sync the data associated to that file is going to be separate. iTunes will then modify the play count details on both your iPod and system with the absolute and current details (add 3 plays to the iPod, 1 play to the system). It doesn't state that it is updating the music file itself, just the database information associated to that file.