Thread: iPhone OS 4 will work for iTouch?

iPhone OS 4 will work for iTouch?

Hi there , I am having a small query that i wanted to know. I have come across the news regarding the iPhone OS 4 which is introducing in the iPhone 4. But my query is that "Is it possible for iTouch to upgrade to this version of the OS as i have gone through lots of article but did not get any clear information regarding the same. If any one know about it then explain it to me.

Re: iPhone OS 4 will work for iTouch?

First let me know which version of the iTouch you are using. As the iOS 4 is compatible only with the 2nd and 3rd generation of the iTouch. It is not compatible with the 1st generation of the iTouch. The iOS 4 is introduced with the 100 of more feature this time which will increase the functionality of the iTouch. I hope you will like it once you upgrade to the iOS 4.

I am using the iTouch 3rd Gen device which i think is the latest one. I have gone through your reply and happy for my iTouch. But will you please let me know how to upgrade iTouch to the latest iPhone OS 4 as i am not aware of this fact. And also let me know which new features are added to the Apple iTouch.

As this is declared that the iTouch can also upgrade to the iOS 4 which is the newest and more reliable Operating system for the Apple product but you can not upgrade to the same as it is not yet in the market. This will be available for the iTouch soon for free on the Apple Official site from where you can download the same and upgrade.

Lots of new feature are added to the iOS 4 which will increase the productivity of the iTouch. The first it is added with the multitasking feature which will allow you to perform the multiple task at a time switching the task or window. This feature was not available in the old OS of the iTouch. You can also create the Multiple folder of same program. Thats it!!!!!!!!!

With over 100 new features, the iOS 4 Software Update for iPod touch lets you do even more amazing things. iPod touch can stay connected to Wi-Fi when asleep so you can receive incoming VIP calls and notifications from compatible third-party apps. A built-in spellchecker works in Mail, Notes, and other apps. More about iOS 4 is here.

Quote Originally Posted by halina View Post
    With over 100 new features, the iOS 4 Software Update for iPod touch lets you do even more amazing things. iPod touch can stay connected to Wi-Fi when asleep so you can receive incoming VIP calls and notifications from compatible third-party apps. A built-in spellchecker works in Mail, Notes, and other apps. More about iOS 4 is here.
    Now i think that i am having the enough knowledge about the iTouch and iOS 4 which i was looking for. Thanks a lot for helping me out with these nice example regarding this query.