Thread: Volume bar not available in iPod

Volume bar not available in iPod

I am getting some issues with my iPod , I am unable to hear the music from the device . I have just received the latest iPod touch software update and recently , I tried to listen the music to see that the volume bar not showing on the player screen and disappeared . And it is looking very strange for me when I tried to get the same bar in the in YouTube I am unable to find that . How can I resolve this issue ? Please suggest me something to get that .....

Re: Volume bar not available in iPod

This is commonly happened just because of some adjustment of the devices and you know the same thing also happened with me earlier when I have my iPod connected up to say, my car stereo (from the iPod connector, not the headphone jack). if the iPod is asleep when I disconnect this device , the volume bar would not be placed there because it still consider that it is already connected into the car. What, I have to do is just connect it again into the car, and connect it while it is in on state then after the volume slider comes back .

Well, I have just got this problem where my iPod's volume increases seemingly at random. Even as I write this, the screen is displaying the volume indicator as maximum volume and is stuck as if I wanted to increase the volume limit. I have gone as far as to do a system restore without the success, so I am feeling that this is the issue from physical components . The only thing which I consider that it could be is maybe water, but I was wondering if somebody else had this issue and possibly a fix ?

First of all, you need to check all the hardware connection and specially you should check the headphone connection and make sure that it is connected properly .. One more suggestion that you need to check your headphone with another iPod and be sure that sound is properly transferred.. It can be the application error and primarily solving for issue, you need to make a proper restart of the device and then come back with the connection of the headphone...

Thanks for your prompt replies and all other members also suggested well .But you know, I tried to find the solution with the help of above post and I tried letting my battery die properly and then connected for recharging it . This surprisingly seemed to have an effect and at least for point of time and I have not had any incidents . I am moving on in the same way to watch for issues but currently, if you all have running with the same issues , I would suggest you to try this way and let us know how it worked for you.

I have recently updated my 5gen 30GB iPOD to v1.1 and currently I am going from some strange issue :

1. From the music playlists, my one playlists has suddenly displaying up in my Videos as just there are five movies and then this music list. It shouldn't the iPod know what's a movie and what's not?

2. When I play my file the display got blank. The volume control does not displayed up niether does the music info etc . I still have control of the volume and scrubbing.....but its commonly blind cause nothing displays up on the screen!!!!

Please tell me that there is a method to perform this without taking the back up the 25GB of contents, I have on my iPod ....