Thread: Garmin c330 update

Garmin c330 update

I bought a Garmin StreetPilot c330. I did the update V9 and it announced that there is not enough space on the hard disk device. It then proposed a smaller version (3 choices) card. I accepted and put into an up to date. After about one hour to transfer to my Garmin, I was given an error.!! I am sure that went somewhere wrong while updating the Garmin c330. Can anyone please tell me how to update it. Suggestions would be greatly appreciable.

Re: Garmin c330 update

First you should had mentioned properly about your updating details. What exactly you are trying to update, firmware or maps? If you are looking for the firmware update, then I would recommend you to check an official site of Garmin. Th only thing that you will have to do is just to go www.garmin.com and download the WebUpdater. And on other hand, if you want to update the maps, these are available for purchase in CD or SD card formats. If the CD or SD card formats are not with you, then you can also go to your local retailer.

The GPS StreetPilot "c series" use a simple interface using a touch screen that allows you to let guide to any destination. Two views are available, the 3D view (perspective) view and the 2D (top view). To best meet the demand, it is now possible to import your own POIs (Points of Interest) such as radar, rest areas, ... in the device with the POI Loader software and include an alarm approach.

To facilitate maximum use, the StreetPilot C310 , C320 , C330 and C340 have a 3.5''color screen and two powerful HP adjustable via a knob. The suction cup mounting bracket allows the "c-series" to be truly portable one car to another and even laptop with its internal battery. The C320 is supplied with Europe on CD and preloaded. The following are the Included accessories :
    • Power cable
    • Suction mount
    • Carrying Case
    • Support Dashboard
    • PC USB Cable
    • Manual

The following will be effect on the updated maps :
    • Changes on the roads (new roads, new way, new countries),
    • New points of interest, or update them (restaurants, fuel, transportation, accommodation, shopping, banking / removal, parking, entertainment / leisure, recreation, tourism / museums / attractions, hospitals, cities (cities), auto centers)
    • Other features in the model, such as speed limits

"To receive a free map update (subject to availability), save your nuvi at http://my.garmin.com within 60 days after acquisition satellite signals and the first use of the nuvi. You do not enjoy any free map update if you register the unit by telephone or more than 60 days after the first use of the nuvi". To see if you qualify for the guarantee nuMaps, you must create a new account on the garmin site (follow the link Create a new account myGarmin ) after you register your device . To register your device, you will need your registration code on the yellow sheet received at the purchase (for some older models) and the serial number.
    "Me fail English!? That unpossible!"

If you qualify, you have everything that is needed in the download to update your nuvi. The downloading a file. Exe (eg garmin_rmu_cneunt2009_1.exe). This file is compressed and can be unzipped with a utility like winrar. If you do not want to unpack, simply execute this file and the installation will by itself by plugging the GPS with the USB cable to the computer. It can be to enjoy considerable updating manually (for example to the mapping on an SD card if the device memory is too low for the new version of City navigator).

Indeed, several models StreetPilot have limited memory. If you want to use mapsource, you must decompress the file with winrar and run the setup.exe file in the Windows folder of the archive is unpacked. You can then run mapsource and unlock your card with the menu option: Tools, Manage & Unlock cards are also in ligne.Il UnlockWizard tool in older versions of mapsource. In one case as in the other, you will need your product key to 8 characters. With mapsource, you can select the areas you want to transfer. When sending to the device, you can choose between the internal memory and memory card.