Thread: Adding more memory to Garmin GPSMAP 76 GPS

Adding more memory to Garmin GPSMAP 76 GPS

I have recently started using the Garmin GPSMAP 76 GPS. Now the question for me is that can I add more memory into GPSMAP 76.?? Since, I am not having enough knowledge about it, I am requesting you to provide some detailed information about it. Also tell me something more about the Garmin GPSMAP 76. I am expecting that guys hanging out there will definitely help me as early as possible.

Re: Adding more memory to Garmin GPSMAP 76 GPS

You can increase your memory for the Garmin GPSMAP 76. 8 MB internal memory, includes a base map showing the respected cities, coastlines, highways and navigation aids such as buoys, lighthouses, etc. WAAS enabled for an error margin of 3 meters (10 ft), integrated quad helix antenna, the user can connect an external antenna. Receiver 12 channels, backlit keys, backlight display 1.6 inches wide x 2.2 inches high (4 x 5.5 cm), resolution of 180 x 240 pixel image with 4 grayscale high contrast. Multiple coordinate systems (latitude / longitude, UTM / UPS, Maidenhead, etc..), More than 100 datums (map datum), display data fields 9.

This portable GPS with an electronic map will help orient and find his way with great ease. It has a very robust ergonomic housing is also waterproof and floats. It is the evolution of the GPS 12 series that allows an easier thanks to new software and new features. Its high resolution screen of 240 x 180 pixels is very readable. The GPS MAP 76 has an internal memory of 8 MB can load map data with detailed city maps and roads from CD-ROMs Map Source "MetroGuide" which are optional.

The data are easier to accumulate data than ever with the 76Cx's detachable microSD card. This included blank card stores up to 128 megabytes (MB) of optional maps or other data. The card slot is positioned in the waterproof battery cubicle. Do not agonize about the weather, the card is cosseted. While browsing, the 76Cx provides turn by turn instructions to your destination. It also accepts optional preloaded microSD cards with MapSource data for you’re off road and marine.
    S.P.A.M=Stupid Posts And Message

The following are the features of Garmin GPSMAP 76 :
    • Definition Automatic routing (turn by turn route)
    • Geocaching mode
    • Outdoor GPS games
    • Calendar Hunting / Fishing
    • Sun and moon information
    • Tide Tables
    • Area Calculation
    • Points of interest (ability to add additional points of interest)

Data storage is easier than ever thanks to the integrated microSD card 76CSx model, which can hoard up to 128 MB of optional maps or other data. The card slot is waterproof; you will not have to worry about humidity. If you move by road, the 76CSx model provides turn-by-turn directions to your intention. It also supports discretionary preloaded microSD cards with MapSource data for your off-road trips or boat. Scroll through any topography with high sensitivity GPS receiver GPSMAP 76CSx, which receives satellite signals swiftly and tracks your position in challenging conditions, such as in dense forests and ravines. You can use the built-in electronic compass to outlook bearing information even while you're standing, the barometric altimeter tracks changes in anxiety to pinpoint your altitude with great exactitude.

You can also use the altimeter to plot barometric or atmospheric pressure over time to be able to monitor changes occurring in the weather. Its bright color TFT screen can discriminate details with any type of lighting. Like the rest of the 76 series units, the model 76CSx is waterproof to IPX7 standards agreement and even fleet.

The below are the SPECIFICATIONS :
    • Unit Dimensions (Width / Height / Depth): 6.9 x 15.7 x 3.0 cm
    • Screen size (Width / Height): 4.1 x 5.6 cm
    • Screen Resolution (Width / Height): 160 x 240 pixels
    • Display type: 256 color transflective TFT
    • Weight: 218 g with batteries
    • Battery: 2 AA batteries (not included)
    • Battery life: 18 hours (typical use)
    • Waterproof: Yes (IPX7)
    • Floating: Yes
    • High-sensitivity receiver: Yes
    • Computer interface: USB and serial