Thread: Garmin GPS MAP 76 Wont Power Up

Garmin GPS MAP 76 Wont Power Up

I purchased a Garmin GPS Map76 about several months ago, had it for about two months and contemplated I had lost it. However I was tidying my caravan out last weekend and I just got across it. I had left the Duracell batteries in, which hadn’t leaked at all, so there is no deterioration or oxidation. I fitted new batteries and it won’t power up at all, even if I make use of the 12v car adaptor. After that I have bought a new GPS Map76 as a surrogate of one I thought I had mislaid, but would like to see if I can get the old one to work. Along with the solution for power of Garmin GPS MAP 76, also provide me your belief about it.

Re: Garmin GPS MAP 76 Wont Power Up

I think that the replacement is the better option for the situation like yours. The 76S has an interior battery also. When mine was under warranty, it wouldn't turn on and Garmin replaced that succession. So even I would like to suggest you to replace the batteries of yours. I had left the 76s devoid of batteries in it for a few months and I conjecture it shattered the petite an internal battery. Hope that you will get some help from this.

The GPSMAP 76CSx and 76Cx are improved respectively GPSMAP 76C and 76CS, GPS 2 most popular use for outdoor recreation and marine. The GPS have a microSD memory card for the support detailed mapping memory and a rugged design and waterproof. The location for the microSD memory card is located inside the battery itself waterproof. Users can load map data and transfer routes and waypoints to the GPS through the USB connection.

In addition, the GPSMAP 76CSx and 76Cx are equipped with more sensitive new GPS (sirf III), which enables faster satellite acquisition and works even in harsh conditions such as a canyon or dense forest canopy. The GPSMAP 76CSx also has a barometric altimeter for extremely accurate elevation data and an electronic compass that lets you know its heading while standing still.

The following is the Performance of GPS :
    • Receiver: SiRF III high sensitivity receiver, WAAS / EGNOS, seeks and uses up to 12 satellites to compute and update your position
    • Acquisition time
      • Warm: <1 second
      • Cold: <38 seconds
      • AutoLocate: <45 seconds
    • Refresh Rate: 1 per second, continuous
    • GPS accuracy:
      • Position: <10 meters, generally
      • Acceleration: 0.05 meter / sec steady
    • DGPS (WAAS):
      • Position: <3 meters, generally
      • Acceleration: 0.05 meter / sec steady
    • Dynamics: 4g
    • Protocol: NMEA 0183 output
    • Antenna: Internal quad, with MCX connector for optional external antenna

The GPSMAP 76CSx adds a whole new dimension to the navigation systems of the 76-series adapted to marine activities, with a sensitivity GPS receiver, a card slot microSDT, color TFT screen and creating routes by-turn. These features have made the 76Cx and GPSMAP 76CSx a must for lovers of outdoor activities. Find your way through the wilderness with the sensitive GPS receiver 76CSx, which offers rapid acquisition of satellite signals and tracks your position in the toughest conditions, eg in densely wooded gorges. The screen's bright, color TFT 76Cx easy to distinguish details, regardless of the brightness. And like the rest of the 76-series, 76Cx is IPX7 waterproof by and may even float on water.