Thread: Garmin Nuvi 300T, Won't Charge

Garmin Nuvi 300T, Won't Charge

I have recently started using the Garmin Nuvi 300T, so I do not know much about it. I am using the Garmin Nuvi 300T, that charges excellent with the original car charger lead, whether plugged into the backside of the suction mount, or the side of the unit. I also utilize it on my motorcycle, zipped into the waterproof map crate, detached from the suction mount. However, the 90 degree curve on the original charger plug won't permit the unit to fit appropriately in the map case, so I have purchased what was mentioned as a Garmin charger on ebay, but which arrived labeled as a Motorola V3 charger. The trouble is that this works fine plugged into the back of the suction mount in the car, but when plugged into the side of the unit, it doesn't charge the battery, but displays the "computer" icon. The reason maybe it thinks you have plugged in a data transfer lead. All I require is a charger with a straight plug, which I can plug into the side of the unit without the suction mount. Also it would be better for me to rate this device, if you tell me your opinion about it.

Re: Garmin Nuvi 300T, Won't Charge

Even you are knowing what exactly is the problem. You are not able to charge with, so called, Motorola V3 charger. So, the better option for you is to check any replacement on ebay by providing enough reason for your problem. I think that there are chances of getting replaced your charger. Also I would like to suggest you to check the details properly before ordering any product. Because on EBay, according to me, they describe the products very briefly. So you can check that properly before giving any orders. Looking at your situation, I think that replacement is only option for you.

You can update rates conversion rates manually always using the highest lately.
    1. Touch Tools> Currency Units> Conversion.
    2. Select Currency, then tap OK.
    3. Tap the buttons and currency select those you want update.
    4. Touch Update.
    5. Touch the box next to currencies in which to enter new rates.
    6. Tap Save to save the new rates. Touch Restore to use the original rate.

I would like to tell you about using an ecoRoute, which is very important as far as Garmin Nuvi 300T is concerned. The function calculates the ecoRoute consumption of your vehicle, amount of CO2 released and the fare to a given destination. It offers also tools to improve consumption. Data provided by ecoRoute function are only estimates. The data are not collected directly from the vehicle. For reports of increased fuel specific for your vehicle and your driving habits, adjust your consumption. The first time you access the ecoRoute function, you are invited to enter information on your vehicle (Fuel mileage).

I am providing the datasheet, useful for those who are thinking to purchase Garmin Nuvi 300T.
    Garmin Nuvi 300T Datasheet
    • Name - Garmin Nuvi 300T
    • Description - Car GPS
    • Control - Touch Screen
    • Type - Car Navigation
    • Type - approval
    • HPB - Yes
    • Login - USB
    • LCD Screen Size (inches) - 3.5
    • Color Screen - Color
    • Resolution - 320x240
    • Memory - 200MB
    • Database or map included - Yes
    • Weight - 145g

This GPS was offered to me by a concession on the purchase of a vehicle. This is the first GPS that I tried. I found the easy to use: it is not necessary to be a pro at this type of equipment to use. We simply can affecter the card and see its current position near or 10m (and it is the goal) enter an address. To do this, simply type it literally or choose a location type (mall, hospital, etc. ...) in a dropdown menu. The camera (color aware) is equipped with a multilingual translator, a guide, travel, an MP3 player and an audio book. I read a lot and I intend to use this system frequently: 2 hours by car / day. The audio book is available on the net at reasonable prices. Another advantage is the color screen provides some class to the interior of your vehicle (mountable on the dashboard or the windshield by suction cup) and surprises your passengers when a friendly female voice tells you the way forward.

I bought this GPS about 6 months ago. It is reliable and computationally electronically speaking and very easy to use. Comprehensive because it offers nice features like MP3 player and even handy image viewer (JPEG). In city use it is very convenient because you directly to your destination but in the country's biggest problem (I think it's the only one) is that it does not tell the difference between a narrow road or one does not cross easily a road where you can actually run at 90 km / h! Despite the opportunity to ask not to access roads "Unpaved" it sometimes sends you on a road stored as such by the GPS.
    • Advantages: reliable, comprehensive and easy to use
    • Disadvantages: do not use the campaign except for a stroll.

My initial opinion was erroneous (oops!). But the very explicit instructions to download from the site of Garmin has much to do. Once you have read the user manual, the subtleties of MapSource software, and other software to download from the site of Garmin GPS that has the best quality / price.
    Disadvantages :
    • Voice instructions guide and Spartan.
    • Son of the TMC antenna appearing bulky
    • Support frail sucker (fortunately offset by the recent commercialization of an excellent non-slip for a very affordable price)

Advantages :
    • Design
    • Speed calculations
    • TMC
    • SD Card Reader
    • Brand reputation
    • Excellent value for money for as many features or actual download Garmin.com.
    • Many user forums exist
    • Service very responsive to phone