Thread: Red Light Flashing on PlayStation 3

Red Light Flashing on PlayStation 3

I have a PlayStation 3 and I had purchased the same some 6 months before. Right now I am playing Call of Duty for whole day. The very next day it took just one hour of game play of Call of Duty 4 has discover some technical problems in playstation. While playing the game it shuts down to black and nothing comes on the screen. I cannot even remove the game disc and the red lights kept flashing. What can be the cause for the same.

Re: Red Light Flashing on PlayStation 3

Your console is getting hot and when you play games it getting more heated. I will advice you to show the same to nearest service center which can repair the same. The playstation is getting heated while playing due to which it goes off. There is no exact reason for that may be a damaged hard drive in that. Leave it for some while and then try back again.

I just bought my PS3 to play killzone 2 and it suddenly goes off and starts to flash red and when I turn it changes from green to yellow then red is flashing continuously. What I understand is that the console is dead and must go directly to exchange. This is really a bad service where the company sold off a defective piece. Is there any fix for that. It is a new console.

I too had faced the exact issue and shown the same to the repair center. They replaced my model. It is a hardware fault. You can do nothing in that. The only way to fix this to get a replacement for the same. If still your system is out of warranty then you can contact the service center for a repair. It is hard drive fault which gets overheated while playing games in the system.

I have a problem where my PlayStation is no longer able to reads DVDs and games only the audio cd. I had disassembled and cleaned everything but I am sure it comes from the optical unit. It is not smart to have it repaired since the gaming console will cost slightly more expensive. The crash occurred while I was checking something on Call of Duty. I even cannot play even newest games. Suddenly I have more console but I will try to manipulate the optical lens.

I had the same problem, it is sufficient to resolve the lens, there is a kind of small toothed wheel has white side of the lens which runs the height. When you try o remove that out as the lens is set too high. I have to anyhow turn notch by notch and test playback of a CD each time until it reads things correctly. It is better to look for video tutorials or guides for this. It will cost money but better get the repaired.

Here is my problem my ps2 stopped reading my games. If possible then you can try to change out the lens but that is hard to do. While dissembling I found there is a white plastic it consists of six side. The plate inside that was defective which contains the lens mounting for the laser binds CDs. This is not a easy job to fix out. I am still working on the same. The red flashing light is not good, do not hesitate to shop with you return your box and COD4 you ask an immediate exchange.