Thread: How can I block a phone number on Palm Pre

How can I block a phone number on Palm Pre

Am sorry if am posting this query in wrong section. I need some urgent help form you all guys. I have recently bought a new Palm Pre Smartphone and as new to this, am not familiar with its function and features. Actually i wanna block a phone number on my new Palm pre and need help from you guys regarding the same. Hope you all can help me for sure. Thanks in advance.

Re: How can I block a phone number on Palm Pre

Sorry, am not able to get you properly. Whose number do you want to block on your phone ? Do you wish to block your personal number from screening up or wanna block any caller’s number to restrict him from calling you?

If you want to block your number just work around under settings and see if there is any feature or option for the same. As per my knowledge, i dont think there is any such option available in Palm Pre.

If you wanna block your own number to be displayed to others than i must let you know that there is no option to do the same. Just have some talk with your network operator, hope they can do anything for you regarding the same.

Additionally, if you wanna block anyone's number so that they won't call you, this can also be done by your network operator for sure. Or else, if you want to DIY, than just create a silent ringtone and assign it to the contact whom you don' wanna talk. But you cannot block his number completely by yourself.

Unfortunately, you cannot do it yourself on Palm pre as there is niether any option for callfiltering nor any third party application for the same. The only way you can block phone numbers on Palm Pre is by calling your wireless network provider and ask them to do the same.

For some similar help you can go through these posts:
    How to block a phone number on cell phone
    How to block a specific number

If Palm doesn’t consist of a Call Filtering program then it should have allowed ant 3rd party developers to make such program for the same. If we go through Android, Blackberry or Windows Mobile, we’ll find that all these three covers 3rd party call block softwares that will lump particular numbers or private/unidentified callers. According to a Windows Mobile developer Palm hasn't opened the telephony encoding interface toward developers; they are not capable to make a call block application. I expect Palm will re-consider adding up some kind of call sorting to WebOS in an OTA revise, or unlock the programming so that a third party developers can do it.