Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

iPhone cannot make calls and getting "network lost" error

Portable Devices

Old 12-06-2010

iPhone cannot make calls and getting "network lost" error

I am facing a very weird problem with my iPhone. I got the iPhone from AT and T and got it jailbreaked. After jailbreaking the iPhone, it worked properly for 3 days but now I am not able to make or receive calls on the iPhone.The phone gives "Network lost" error message while using the phone. Has jailbreaking blocked the phone from making and receiving the calls? Please suggest some solution for solving this problem. Any help is highly appreciated.

Old 12-06-2010

Re: Phone cannot make calls and getting "network lost" error

May be the jailbreaking was not successful. Jailbreaking means to change the firmware of the iPhone. The proper working of the phone depends on the firmware of the phone. Hence if there is any problem in firmware, the phone will give such problems. The only solution which I see is to get the firmware of the phone restored.
Old 12-06-2010

Did you connect the iPhone to the computer after Jailbreaking? If yes then it could be the reason for the problem. The iTunes account must be activated by the firmware which was installed on the phone earlier and hence when the jailbroken iPhone is connected to the computer, it must have locked the phone. Validate the iTunes account again on the computer for the jailbroken iPhone and check if the problem is solved.
Old 12-06-2010

Probably the problem is with the SIM card of the phone. The network connectivity of the phone depends on the SIM card of the phone. If the SIM card section of the phone is having problem, then you will not be able to make or receive calls on the phone. Get the phone checked by some technician and see if there is any hardware problem with the phone.
Old 15-06-2010

Re: iPhone cannot make calls and getting "network lost" error

Yes I had synced my iPhone with iTunes only once after jailbreaking and after that the problem had started. Is there anyway for restoring the network on the phone? Will have to buy a new iPhone? Will reinstalling the iTunes on the computer help in solving the error? Will I have to change the firmware for the iPhone? Please suggest

TechArena Community > Hardware > Portable Devices
Tags: , , , ,