Thread: Tomtom stuck on loop

Tomtom stuck on loop

My tomtom XL runs in a loop. I mean while everything worked properly on my brother in law, and he gave me by telling me that the card did not display more than two days since, while it had functioned properly during these two weeks off. In fact, when I turn, I ask for more my language, and configurations of the first start, Arriving at the option of voice, it remains blocked five seconds, before moving to the tomtom screen, and then, after about thirty seconds. And it starts like that loop. I tried to see on tomtom home, and I realized that the card was still on my tomtom, but it did not start. It was only two months, do you think I should contact my dealer. Please help.
    Last edited by Namuchi; 12-06-2010 at 05:55 AM.

Re: Tomtom stuck on loop

Tomtom reset via the menu, it erases all settings (home address, radar settings ...), but in no case the map. After a reset, it must redefine the basic preferences: choice of language as the first start of GPS. For the rest, I do not really understand the problem! GPS works there still. The crushing, you can access the menus and navigation mode. On your XL, it must be on the menu to see the button "delete route".

You need to follow the steps :

1. Click on''Explorer''in TomTom Home and then delete the application window Central.
    2. Completely close the TomTom Home application including your Windows toolbar icon if you have the software. Make a right-click with your mouse and select''Exit''.
    3. Perform a reset of your device using a paper clip into the reset hole as follows:
    4. Your TomTom will shut down, reconnect your TomTom directly to your computer with the USB cable.
    5. Turn on your TomTom when it connected to your computer by pressing the power button for 3 seconds
    6. If TomTom Home application opens, you can close the application
    7. Select the menu Windows''Start''then''My Computer''. TomTom is listed under removable drives
    8. Double-click the icon for your TomTom to display the content
    9. Delete all the files that are not contained in yellow folders
    10. Open the application again TomTom Home and click on''Explorer''then the application window in Central and''Install''.

On the bottom you should know that updates often minor changes and not necessarily positive. And all ways they are discovered once the Maj at random to navigate menus. The major updates of mapping are they paying. We must think for the price of these Major approach sometimes the price of following model of tomtom. All this to say that the use of tomtom in my opinion far from being indispensable. It is only my opinion obviously. To safeguard your device using the copy and paste a folder created and dedicated to your pc.

TomTom on the CD, there is a software rather simplistic to roughly make backups and restorations. It's already something, but it is not huge. Fortunately, another software is available on the website TomTom Home. This software will allow you to manage your TomTom: backup / restore but also add / delete software, cards and devices that can, images and music(this is not the case the rider).

When starting the application, the browser window displayed. The screen appears black and white until the GPS receiver locates your current position. This Indeed, the navigation mode is displayed in color. Subsequently, the Research your position will be much faster, normally within a few seconds. All operations can be achieved easily using just touchscreen. You can view the menu options key by tapping your finger in the center of the screen or the joystick.

Your problem would it not related to a change of application version? Try removing the mapsettings.cfg file in the directory of your respective maps (after saving of course, or after performing a full backup), then restart your device. An improvement? Please enter your profile, particularly at the TomTom application.