Thread: Powerbook G4 battery issue

Powerbook G4 battery issue

I changed the battery on my Powerbook 12 recently. As soon as I unplugged the sector to take with me in my travels my Powerbook battery does not ot even stay more than 5 minutes on battery. When I disconnect the indicator says the battery is charged (100%) but when I re-opens the same gives out warning for the same. Not even an indication that says the computer is running on reserve power.

Re: Powerbook G4 battery issue

I use my iBook in the same way as you and it takes about 2-3 hours to charge up my system. Ideally it should charge for the first time for 24 hours and then leave to drain a battery completely before recharging. In practice, this is not the way we proceed, of course, therefore, manufacturers are easy to refuse the warranty. If you redeem a new battery use it optimally and keep the old at home.

I have also become part of the discussion because I have about the same problem. Indeed, when working with my iBook on drums which showed up that it is fully charged at 100%, and the same then turns off of 20/30 minutes or just a black screen. Moreover, the screen saver in the background image is automatically working in the background although I set nothing.

I finally have a Powerbook G4 bought on ebay. It works very well, a little damage to the U.S. keyboard that makes the accents a little more complicated but apart from that I have no problem with the keyboard. The screen is very nice perhaps a few horizontal lines when I change the angle. The thing which annoys me the most is the instant drain of battery. I am carrying a second battery with me which works quiet well as compare to the old one.

The battery in your Powerbook G4 is showing signs of weakness or you simply want to buy a second one which is beneficial. Choose a battery with BTI high quality. Its high capacity of 4800 mAh and the seriousness of his design will provide considerable performance and guarantee an optimal functioning of your PowerBook. There are lots of site which provide you the sale of battery.

I advise you to reset PMU. For that you have to search on the Apple site for full instruction. And most importantly a battery reset can fix your issue. To do this, take out the battery from its location and press the small button of power for 10 seconds. If you do these two operations, you should see a marked improvement in battery life. If this is not the case then your battery is gone old. The life span of battery life is not so good.

The internal battery of a Power book last for 4 years mostly. If you have a older one then better replace that. And if you have a new one check that your system is under warranty or not. If yes then you can contact apple support for a replacement. The battery is not properly. Or else change to new battery. The fast draining of battery is indication of old battery.