Thread: Factory Reset Nintendo Wii

Factory Reset Nintendo Wii

My Wii console is working extremely slow. I had also faced issue in ejecting the game disc out of the console. I need some help to fix this out. I wrote on some forums that resetting the wii could fix out the matter. How to do that. Is there any specific button on the screen which can reset the Wii to default factory settings. Does this can cause any ill effect on the gaming console.

Re: Factory Reset Nintendo Wii

The console incorporates flash memory. You can format out this memory card to rest. Just disconnecting the same will not reset the console. A reset to factory defaults can be done from the interface. But by doing that you can lose your backups so it is necessary to backup your SD card first. Then you can check out for some tools online which can restore the wii to factory settings.

In my case I was not able to sync the Wiimote with the gaming console. I found the manual page that shows me a standard way to synchronize the Wiimote. I was not sure of the process. While the technicality is that according to Nintendo, you press the button to sync the Wiimote and then on the console. After that, we expect that the wiimote has a number (position) to assigned.

In the menu on the Wii there is an option reset the console. But you'll likely lose your data. If you bought games on the Wii Shop you can download them again for free. For battery issue I got some solution for my system. Press for few seconds the red button beside the memory card and then on the red button in the battery compartment of your Wiimote in case. This can sync batteries better with your Wii.

The best way to fix that you can enter in the system option and then search for the format wii system memory option. It is located in the last page. One you found that you can format that. Second this you can search for a Will manual and then you can swipe the internal memory. That is the only possible way to fix that. Second thing you can contact the Wii support for further help.

There is solution for the same but that is quiet a lengthy. For that you will need to collect some tools and I will warn you that it can void your warranty also. I had downloaded stop HackMii Installer on the memory card of your console and then run it. As the installer runs you you can deselected some options like DVDX, Bootmini, etc to avoid some major modification in the console.

It is possible to do that by formating the memory card of Wii. But one thing you must note down that once you formatted your memory card then you will also loose your games in the console. So better take a backup of your dlc first and then check back again. You can format that and then check back again. That is the only way to factory reset your wii gaming console.