Thread: Low memory error in HP LaserJet 3030 Fax

Low memory error in HP LaserJet 3030 Fax

I am using HP Laserjet 3030 which is a All In One printer there is something wrong the faxing function of this printer. Actually it rings when some fax comes but then immediately an exclamation light will flash and it will say that "low memory hit enter" and if i hit an enter then nothing happens and the fax have gone. What could i do now?

Re: Low memory error in HP LaserJet 3030 Fax

Low memory error states that there i slow memory in your HP LaserJet 3030 which is needed to make your printer processing further with the faxing. I think you have to remove some of the saved data on your HP LaserJet 3030 Fax which would be releasing some memory which in further can be used by the printer when next fax comes.
    In The Absence Of Light
    Darkness Prevail's

It might happen that the RAM of your HP LaserJet 3030 have got loosed because of which there is not memory to run the processor of your printer and hence you are getting an error for low memory.
    I suggest you to open up your printer and then remove the RAM and then put it back again at its place and then try to run your printer again.

If there would be some kind of loose RAM on your printer then it would not be able to turn on i guess and even if its gets turned on then i guess it just does not show errors while faxing function as it would be giving an error for printing as well as for any other functions.
    So this does not seems to be anything related to the RAM issue.

Now you might not be knowing that what does it mean by the low memory error because of which HP provides the manual with the each and every printer of HP. So you must be having manual which comes with the HP LaserJet 3030, Just go through an errors given in the manual and check that when this printer shows low memory error and how can it be solved.
    "Me fail English!? That unpossible!"

Normally, the product monitors the signals on the telephone line while it is sending or receiving a fax. If the product detects an error during the transmission and the error-correction mode is on, the product can request that the portion of the fax be resent. The factory-set default for error correction mode is on.
    To change the error correction setting do the following:
    1. Press MENU/ENTER.
    2. Use the button to select Fax setup and then press MENU/ENTER.
    3. Use the button to select All faxes and then press MENU/ENTER.
    4. Use the button to select Error correction and then press MENU/ENTER.
    5. Use the button to select On or Off and then press MENU/ENTER to save the selection.

The product has been "holding off" the remote machine during reception of a large or complex document because the remote machine lacks available memory. This hold-off time has exceeded the timeout (typically 60 seconds) that the remote machine uses, and the remote machine has terminated the session.
    1. If the document was large, ask the remote user to retransmit the document as two or more smaller documents.
    2. Disable ECM and attempt to receive the fax again.