Thread: Garmin c330 gps will not turn on

Garmin c330 gps will not turn on

A very weird problem has struck my GPS device. The issue is that the Garmin c330 gps will not turn on. When I start it I get a blank screen. The maximum thing that happens is that the device starts with a blink and turns off again. I am not able to understand what is causing this issue.

If anyone knows how to eradicate this situation, then please reply with the solutions for the same.

Re: Garmin c330 gps will not turn on

I am having the same issue that the Garmin c330 gps will not turn on completely. Actually, it starts for about 10 seconds and then, switches off again. Well, I have not been able to get a solution for this issue till now. I think that I have to take my device to fix it. It seems that some internal problem is not allowing it to be kept on. I guess that you have to use the same solution.

One of my friends had the situation that the Garmin c330 gps will not turn on at any costs. The problem that was being caused was that it was not able to charge properly. Generally, we try charging in the vehicles. My friend tried it in about 4-5 vehicles, but the problem was still there. So, make sure that your device is able to charge properly or not, as this may be causing the situation.
    "Me fail English!? That unpossible!"

Hello there......

The issue that the Garmin c330 gps will not turn on is clearly being caused because of the battery. You need to change the batteries. After changing them, try starting the GPS. I hope that your issue will be solved after that. If the problem exists, just let me know, so that I can suggest you some other method.

I wish you all the best.......

Just follow the steps given below if the Garmin c330 gps will not turn on:
    • The main plate under the logo of Garmin has to be taken off.
    • In there, you have to press the button for resetting.

If you have the manual of the GPS device, then you will be having the outline figure of this device. You can get some help from there.

I think that the solution provided by Pugsly can help to solve any of the problems that are encountered with the Garmin c330 gps. This is because I had a totally different issue with my device and I used that solution of resetting. To my surprise, the problem was solved. So, I suggest Quinton to try out the same method because the situation that Garmin c330 gps will not turn on can also be eradicated.

My C330 will not turn on either. I have checked the unit's manual for solutions, done the reset routine, tried plugging it in to both the car's 12-volt system and the PC's USB port, to no avail. Recently updated the map pkg, so would like to continue using this unit if possible. If it has to be replaced I may go to a competitor's unit. If the battery is at fault, the unit appears to be permanently sealed, so no battery access seems possible.