Thread: Ipod touch 1st generation seems to drain its battery

Ipod touch 1st generation seems to drain its battery

Hello everyone, two weeks since I have big worries about the battery on my iPod Touch 16GB. It discharges at a breakneck speed. Example yesterday, so I had to recharge fully for more than 6 hours, I start playing a movie and after 30 minutes I only had a quarter of autonomy. I said that the WiFi was turned off and I do not "patting" not on the screen every 5 minutes. My Little Touch of Christmas day and I never had any trouble with him. I think calling Apple this weekend Anyone of you have had this trouble. I do not recall having read messages on battery problems on the Touch. Ipod touch 1st generation seems to drain its battery. Need help.

Re: Ipod touch 1st generation seems to drain its battery

It appears as there is an application running in the background like Palringo, and even with wifi off, desperately seeking a network. SO this seems to be the most probable reason behind the battery drainage. So the best solution to get rid of this problem would be to do a manual check for such things happening. Have you tried uninstalling all your apps. If, indeed, may be a faulty battery. So if your iPod is still I the warrant y period I would suggest you to contact the apple customer care as soon as possible. Anyway, this is not normal.
    "Me fail English!? That unpossible!"

First of all I am very thankful to you for taking interest in solving my problems. So I followed your instructions and checked and found that there have been no application that requires a connection. But it is true that I started to have problems since I bought the game "Crash Bandicoot". I quickly realized that it "pumped" a lot of juice. But even without touching my battery continues to drain. I uninstalled "Crash" fully charge iPod, and this morning I launched a video playback. Result Touch makes use of weapons after 2:20. Well it's better than my 30 minutes obtained earlier this week, but I am still far from the promised five hours by apple. I'll try again tonight by turning "all" applications (gonna go fast, I only have 5. And if this is not conclusive, then Executive Service

I read the news that Apple I believe is a world of perfection, yet I have an iPod nano 1G, but it seems that the quality deteriorates in the firm to iPapy. It is still worth to buy an iPod touch and a Macbook soon or should I go to Carrefour to get me a laptop 2 times cheaper but it will last. All this really does no good pub between iPod whose screen is a bad bill, ditto for the entry-level iMac, iPod nano, so the screen is tilted, the G5 which the coolant is lost, etc.. Perhaps he is the only OS that is of good quality. In all cases Apple is still a pioneer in user experience.

This situation clearly indicates that there is an issue with your battery and hence try recharging the battery once again fully if you are not able to resolve the issue still then Nothing simpler. Simply use the Maintenance Wizard online . You can also contact an Apple Store or an Apple authorized service center . You can also contact Apple technical support .

Note: to proceed with a repair of a personalized iPod, use the Maintenance Wizard online or contact Apple authorized service center nearest you or technical assistance from Apple .

Well hello me I've got a problem, I just got an ipod nano 4GB and is the first charge for almost 48 hours and the same message "do not disconnect" on the instructions, it says follow the instructions of the ipod. I would like to know if it is normal during the first charge that this time is too long. I can not do anything with my i pod, during this time ....

This does not surprise me really. After two hours of confcall, my iPhone 3G is burning. And I do not mean the PSU of Madame Macbook will fire in bed one day. PS: the heartbreaking comments above. The Apple fanboys are really among the most idiots.
    Last edited by Regina; 14-06-2010 at 11:10 PM.