Thread: Sudden loss of sound on TomTom 720

Sudden loss of sound on TomTom 720

Hello friends i have recently purchased a new TomTom 720 GPS Before one month also i have been using the same in my car. But from last few days that is from two to three days i am facing a weird problem. Sometimes all of sudden sound disappears from my TomTom 720. Please tell me how to get rid of this sound loss. Any help in this matter would be appreciated very heavily.

Re: Sudden loss of sound on TomTom 720

It's very simple, just look and open the folder (or directory) "voices"
    which is at the root of the tomtom in its SD-Card, in his hard disk, or in its internal memory and install
    3 files and dataXX.chk dataXX.vif dataXX.bmp

Follow the steps which are mentioned below to resolve this problem.

• It must be connected to the tomtom on a USB port: if it asks if you want it to be connected "to computer" touch "yes".
    • Go to Start / workstation (for Window's)
    • or Shortcuts / MediaXXGio (Ubuntu)
    • is where we see the tomtom!
    • It penetrates and they needed a folder called "voices". Here!
    • Until you install something in the tomtom screen itself,
    • displays an SD card flashing blue: you must wait until it's over before unplugging the USB!

It will be better if you try to install a new voice on your gadget. it must not have a number already assigned to your tomtom, So it will give him one that is free (WE WANT THE SAME!) and between 00 and 99 or 61 and 70 included (for French speakers)! The three files must have the same number.To listen, select "Test", but we can only hear a few sentences.To hear more, after it selected, go to menu 2 / 4 "Show route" then "Show route demo", set the speed of the demo, without exceeding 400% (otherwise no sound).
    When you touch "Done", it will proceed, and you will hear the selected voice.

Go into your tomtom and then in the "voices" and you delete all the votes except Catherine and Jacques (numbers 11 and 12). Now plug your tomtom to your PC by answering "yes" when asked whether it will need it connected to "ordinary". Now you throw every "self-setup.exe" from my voice as to install new software on your computer, except that here it'll get you settled in your new tomtom voices every time. Simpler is not, since the. Exe "sees" the voice already present and renumber the news that he installs in terms of what is present in your tomtom, and so on.

As far as i know i would suggest you to go for a new voice installation and hence you will have to follow the instructions which are listed below:

• Download the self install one vote (so you do not say "open" to his computer, but "saves "), if you want to have it on PC is better first ... do that ...
    • We will do all the voices that want to obtain.
    • you must click on the exe that is downloaded .

Try reactivating the voice through preference and then select voice and finally select voice once more. Also have you not unintentionally turned the volume down, check it too. Have you touched bottom left of screen to access the volume. Sometimes it may happen that the battery needs to be charged. I found that this similar thing was happening with my go 720 when I don't use the power cable, but Anyways the sound works well when I use the cable.

Try reactivating the voice through preference and then select voice and finally select voice once more. Also have you not unintentionally turned the volume down, check it too. Have you touched bottom left of screen to access the volume. Sometimes it may happen that the battery needs to be charged. I found that this similar thing was happening with my go 720 when I don't use the power cable, but Anyways the sound works well when I use the cable.
    "Me fail English!? That unpossible!"