Thread: Fresh Gear USB Portable Hard Disk Drive

Fresh Gear USB Portable Hard Disk Drive

I need a external hard drive. The advantage of this type of disk drive is able transfer a large volume of data quickly and easily between multiple PCs. The interface external hard drive is usually the USB which makes it almost universal. So i search on the Fresh gear and found so many portable device.. such as omega, etc. Please suggest . which one is best for me. Thanks in advance.

Re: Fresh Gear USB Portable Hard Disk Drive

I like the Seagate external portable drives that are compact and will accompany you everywhere. Instantly increase storage capacity of your computer and take your large files wherever you go. Installation is quick and easy: just connect its USB cable, and voila! The drive is powered via USB, no external power is required. In addition, the disc is automatically recognized by Windows operating system: you have no software to install and no configuration to do. Ditto for the backup file, which requires only a simple drag and drop.

Portable hard drive Iomega Prestige pocket, USB-powered requires no external power supply. Plug it in and it is ready to follow you. And with the Drop Shock feature, the Prestige Portable Hard Drive is strong enough and flexible enough to safely store large volumes of data in terms of travel, the more extreme. It represents an ideal traveling companion that lets you take your data anywhere-type files, photos and music.

I bought Iomega disc two months ago. At first nothing wrong. But contact with the USB cable is very fragile and the slightest movement now that it disconnects. I have however taken care but the quality of the connector is really too bad. I am very disappointed in the lack of seriousness focused on this point, the disk becomes unusable. Back to the warranty, I would take over Iomega's product appeal.

I'm a fan of 2.5 "HDD USB, have 2 HP 1samsung, 3 boxes installed myself and what IOMEGA Each one of his backup spot, one for photos, one for videos, one for backups of PC . Iomega This is for SD and HD. It is connected to my Samsung LCD TV on LE46B651.
    Strengths:
    -Small, sleek design and not catch dust
    Overheating bit
    Fast (no pb to read the full HD from it)
    -Discrete USB-one needed for power supply (but two on the cable)
    weakness
    - No ON / OFF
    At all good for the price.

Not just another external hard drive, this model 120GB Iomega is a versatile backup solution and secure platform for laptops. Side format, the device meets all the criteria for a good portable drive: it is small, robust and requires no power adapter. Obviously, the cost of GB (1.40 €) is here much higher than that of a 3.5-inch desktop model (0.50 € on average).

However, for a relatively affordable price, the Iomega was one of the few portable models provide dual interface USB 2.0 and Firewire, plus a real automatic backup software, Retrospect Express EMC. Austere but very comprehensive, it supports the archiving of files, directories, but also full volume, as disk images can then be burned onto CD or DVD.