Thread: Hp color laserjet 4700 etb reset

Hp color laserjet 4700 etb reset

I am currently using a Hp color laserjet 4700 and i think there is one fuse which blows on the etb when it is installed. I have many times replaced these on other printers but do not have experience with this. I have found small pcb near the motor but that does not seems to blown.
    Does anybody know how to reset etb in Hp color laserjet 4700

Re: Hp color laserjet 4700 etb reset

When following conditions are encountered then DC controller determines the ETB motor failure and then it give notification to the formatter of an error status.
    • ETB Motor start abnormally which means that an interval interval of the ETB motor speed detection signal is not able to reach next interval within 1.5 seconds from when ETB motor drive start.
    • ETB Motor rotated abnormally which means that The interval of the ETB motor speed detection signal stays at an irregular interval for two seconds and longer after it reaches the specified interval.

You must have got the manual with the Hp color laserjet 4700 when you bought it, There must be an information about the proper position of the ETB in the printer. I suggest you to go through the manual once which would be better for you to understand it properly that how you should open it and from where it gets opened.

I think an ETB for HP 4200 Series is the same one as compared to yours so do not even think to throw this printer. Since the Hp color laserjet 4700 uses the same cartridges as the HP Color 4200 and the machine and almost identical, I think the ref to ETB and Q5981A.

I have tried to reset the transfer kit life and i have done it successfully, Actually i entered into the service mode and then if you reset the the color page count to zero. Now when you restart your printer and i guess your problem has been warn out. At least i have solved my problem by doing the same but i am not sure that it will be working for you or not.
    "Me fail English!? That unpossible!"

I guess new fuser units does not have capacity to reset them automatically. The only way to do so is to order the aftermarket/rebuilt fusers it would be containing the fuse which helps it to reset the counters built into them. The OEM fuser as is in the new machine does not have this circuitry.
    In The Absence Of Light
    Darkness Prevail's

I would be recommending you to use HP ToolboxFX which provides desktop configuration, status and support for every feature. This tool checks the device status, configures settings, sets up automatic alerts, orders supplies online, views self-help information and offers troubleshooting tips. This tool is amazing and it would be keep on telling you the status of your printer.