Thread: How to use the green keys on an LG R500 laptop keyboard?

How to use the green keys on an LG R500 laptop keyboard?

Hello there, I have a LG R500 laptop which has Windows XP installed on it. I am very much new to the laptop and hence cannot use all the features of the laptop. I want to use the green keys on the keyboard of the laptop and hence I want to use how to use them. Any suggestions regarding this topic are more than welcome. Thanks in advance.

Re: How to use the green keys on an LG R500 laptop keyboard?

I did not understand the problem correctly. You must be referring to the keys which have multiple functions. For using the other function of the desired key, you will have to press the shift key along with the desired key. Press the shift key while pressing the desired key. If this was the required answer then hope the post helps.

Yeah I am also facing the exact same problem with the LG laptop which I am using. I cant figure out how do I use the green keys on the laptop. I tried pressing the shift key and the desired key but it did not do the desired action. Is there any alternate solution for using the keys? Please help.

Try this and tell me if it works. Press control and shift key together to toggle the mode of the keyboard. By default the secondary function of the keys are disabled. To enable the secondary functions on the keyboard, you will have to press and hold the Control and Shift key together which will toggle the secondary function of the keys.

What is the language which is selected in the language bar on the computer? Try changing the default Language on the language bar to US english and then check if all the keys on the keyboard are working properly. Sometimes the keyboard layout and default language on the system conflict with each other which creates such problem.

I tried to follow all the suggestions which were suggested by you but none of them worked. Pressing the control and shift button together only helps in changing the number mode on the keyboard. I dont want to use the number function but I have to use the optional green keys on the keyboard. Any help is highly appreciated.

You will have to repair the operating system on the computer. I suspect that the windows operating system on the computer is corrupt and hence you are facing such problems. Repair the operating system on the laptop using the installation disk of operating system and then see if the problem is solved or not.