Thread: Cannot figure out how to use projector with laptop.

Cannot figure out how to use projector with laptop.

I need some advice about the laptop which I am using. I have a Toshiba Satellite 1405-S151 laptop which is having Windows XP installed on it. I have to give a presentation and hence need to connect a video projector to my satellite laptop but I cannot figure out how to connect the projector and hence need your help. What changes to be made in the control panel for connecting the external video projector? Any suggestions regarding the topic are welcome.

Re: Cannot figure out how to use projector with laptop.

All the laptops have an external VGA output port which can be used to connect the external projector to the laptop. Connect the projector to the VGA port using the VGA cable and switch on the projector. You will not have to configure any external settings on the computer for connecting the projector. Hope it helps.

As suggested I tried to connect the projector to the laptop on the external output of the laptop. When the external projector is connected to the laptop, the screen fluctuates for sometimes but the display is not visible on the external projector. Am I missing something? Please suggest the troubleshooting steps.

Just connecting to the computer to the external video projector will not work for external display. You will have to enable the external VGA port on the laptop. Once the external VGA port is enabled, connect the projector as suggested by Regina and it will work without any problems. Hope the post helps.

You have mentioned to enable the external VGA port on the laptop but I am not able to figure out how to enable the port. Is there any key on the keyboard which will enable the external VGA port on the computer. Please guide me step by step in solving this issue.

It is very easy to enable the external VGA port on the laptop. To enable the external VGA port on the laptop, Start the laptop and press the delete key continuously. In the BIOS setup, go to advanced peripherals and then enable the external VGA port and save the settings. Reboot the system and see if the external display is working properly on the laptop.