Thread: How to use web camera on Fujitsu Amilo laptop

How to use web camera on Fujitsu Amilo laptop

Hello friends, I have just bought a Fujitsu Amilo Laptop and I am not used to all the functions of the laptop. I have never used the web cam of the laptop and now I want to start using it for video chatting. Hence I want to know How to use web camera on Fujitsu Amilo laptop? Will I have to configure the web camera separately for using it for video chatting? Please suggest some solutions for solving the issue. Any help is highly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Re: How to use web camera on Fujitsu Amilo laptop

You will have to turn on the web cam on the laptop for using it. The instructions for turning on the web cam on different laptops is different hence I will suggest that you refer the user manual for the laptop which you are using and follow the steps as suggested by it. Hope the post helps.

I had the earlier versions of Fujitsu Amilo laptop and hence I can help you in turning on the web camera on the laptop. Click on Start menu and Select programs. Now search for the option called Amilo or web cam (option changes according to the model). Now select the use for the Web cam and click on OK. Now you will be able to use the web cam for the application which you have selected.

Hey thanks for suggesting the steps for turning the web camera on the laptop. It really helped. Now I am able to use the web camera for video chatting. As you have used the laptop before, I want to know how to improve the performance of the laptop? Applications which are installed on the laptop take up long time to open. How do I make the laptop faster?

To improve the performance of the laptop, you will have to do some hardware modifications on the laptop. Faster application response is only possible when the system RAM on the computer is higher. More the RAM size, faster is the performance of the laptop. Therefore increase the RAM size for improving the performance of the laptop.

You can increase the performance of the laptop by terminating all the unwanted processes on the laptop. Open the task manager and remove all the processes which are unwanted. After terminating all the processes, check if the performance of the laptop improves or not. If there is any memory leaky application installed on the computer, remove it and check the performance.

Yes terminating all the processes helped in improving the performance. There were some processes which were taking up lot of system memory and CPU usage. On terminating such processes, I was able to improve the performance of the laptop as more system memory was available. Thanks for helping out.